How to rehab old bennie fence panels

Jrcphish

Reaction score
Hello. We just bought a 2007 Bennington 2075 GS. It's been stored outside moored and the side panels are faded and somewhat chalky. What is the best way to brighten and clean side panels? I've pressure washed it, but clearly I need some type of polish / cleaner / compount. Do I buff it? If I have to buff it, do I have to remove fence to do so or can i buff while the panels are in place? Thanks!

Cant answer on "what" to use except DO NOT use exssesive pressure or you may dent/bend the panels.

Contact Adams .... http://www.adamspolishes.com/ I'm sure they point you in the right direction.

We had them do one of our car shows, and I saw what they could do to a faded, blah paint job ...... all I can say is ....INCREDIBLE !!!!

I'd recommend hand washing/polishing. In addition to being careful not to bend the panels, you also need to be careful to avoid tearing or peeling of any decals on the panels. Mess up a decal and you pretty much need to replace the decals on that whole side, if not both.

Got any pictures?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I tried 3M Vinyl Marine Restorer and a rag after washing by hand and it helped quite a bit. I also used Toon Brite to clean up the pontoons. Any other tips on maintenance / getting her cleaned up? Appreciate it - had our maiden voyage today and it was great!

Cant answer on "what" to use except DO NOT use exssesive pressure or you may dent/bend the panels.

Contact Adams .... http://www.adamspolishes.com/ I'm sure they point you in the right direction.

We had them do one of our car shows, and I saw what they could do to a faded, blah paint job after that use microfiber car drying towel...... all I can say is ....INCREDIBLE !!!!

I am also looking quality kit for removing my car dent. I know well Adams product is good. So please suggest me a good one kit under $100. Thanks

You can also have it wrapped .

Buffed out our old 19' bowrider, 20+ hours on a weekend. Wet sand, polish, wax, beer.
I would look at a wrap.

Yup what Jack and Matt said! My panels were faded and dingy from the sun and had black streaks on them from the dirt from the cover running down when it rained. I waxed and cleaned and tried just about everything to rejuvenate the panels but didn't like how it looked. So we decided to have it vinyl wrapped. Pics in my gallery if you would like to see the before and after. Anyway enjoy your new boat worry about those panels later......

I had my old 2001 Bennington wrapped. Came out great. Imagination is the only limit on the design.wrap - side.JPG

Back