How to store boards and tubes

Tbro47

Reaction score
Hey everybody just bought a new 22sslx and new to pontooning.  Love the tritoon and all the room i have.  Wondering how everyone straps there knee boards and tubes to the aft deck?  I have the extended deck with a ski/tow rack so theres plenty of room to store them on the aft deck out of the way just dont want to scratch my siding or anything while there back there.

Can't help a whole lot, we store all that stuff in our center storage, be interested to see what/how people are doing it!

welcome to the club!

With an inflated tube, I stand it up against the tow bar, facing forward and wrap a small bungie around the tow bar tube and to each handle.

I do the same as above.  Works great!

With an inflated tube, I stand it up against the tow bar, facing forward and wrap a small bungie around the tow bar tube and to each handle.

Thats a good idea for the tube,  i was thinking about strapping the kneeboard up against the rear wall with bungees or maybe ill put it against the wall next to the helm seat. 

On ours, 22ssrx, I can stuff the kneeboard between the port bucket seat and the wall.

I keep an inflator with us all the time, when it's inflated we do the same, strap it up to the ski tow bar. If you don't have center storage I'm sure you can find a few ingenious ways to stow it! 

Yeah we have the center storage to out it away when we are done.  The dealer said to strap it to the bimini top but that sounded like a bad idea. 

When we want to tube we just inflate it and use it. When we're finished we deflate it and stow it. 

We don't have in floor storage so we keep our skis and wakeboard behind the Captains seat and against the fence. Actually fits perfect......

I bought an O'Brien knee board zipper bag. It has two eyelets for a shoulder strap. I tied those to the rear fence rail. When we use the boat, we flip it out so it hangs outside the fence so people can use the lounger. When we store the boat, we flip it up onto the lounger so the cover can be snapped.  I'll post a link if I can find it. It's black with green trim. 

When the tube is inflated, but not being used, we lean it against the tow bar and tie the tow rope to the fence rail, then throw the rest of the tow rope inside the fence on the floor.

Tubes get set on the rear double lounger. Knee board goes behind the helm chair on the floor. We live on a small lake so when we are done with them I just drop them off at home.

We store inflated tube upright  in front of the livewell station (22 SSRX) and Tow Bar between fishing seats.  

I also tried something new this year.  We had a full boat and were doing some tubing and cruising.  While cruising I used strong velcro straps and secured the tube to the very lower portion of the bimini supports on the outside of the port side of boat.  Basically, ran the velcor between the tube straps and the bimini supports.  Since I connected the straps to the lowest portion of the bimini support where it connects to the frame,  there was no movement between the tube and supports.   Note:  This was low cruising speed and no wind.  I wouldn't try it in high wind conditions.  

When we want to tube we just inflate it and use it. When we're finished we deflate it and stow it. 

We don't have in floor storage so we keep our skis and wakeboard behind the Captains seat and against the fence. Actually fits perfect......

We do the same: inflate/deflate the tube and when it's deflated, it fits nicely under the rear lounger. Wake/knee boards/skis are stored in the isle or behind the captains chair. 

Back