How to Tiedown your Benny when Trailering

3d, you must have heard your dealer wrong... I can't imagine a dealer would tell you that.

He told me that because I ask him twice and told him how far I lived, I also asked about transom saver and he said it wasn't needed either...… That's what the man said

I’m with Kaydano. I can’t imagine a “responsible dealer” saying anything like that unless he’s needing to sell you a new boat or repair that one after it’s messed up from a accident. But if you trust his advice, then it’s a decision you’ll need to be ok with. I wish you uneventful transports.

My dealer told me there was no need in tying down the back, I live almost two hours away on rough roads, he said there was no need. I trailer mine about 25 minutes to lake and back home only with winch strap and safety chain, but after seeing these comments I may just get a back up strap for the front....

3d, you must have heard your dealer wrong... I can't imagine a dealer would tell you that.

I've seen pics of trailers clipping a curb at low speed throwing the boat off its bunks. Get the tie downs. You want your boat and trailer to be "one" when traveling down the road.

I’m with Kaydano. I can’t imagine a “responsible dealer” saying anything like that unless he’s needing to sell you a new boat or repair that one after it’s messed up from a accident. But if you trust his advice, then it’s a decision you’ll need to be ok with. I wish you uneventful transports.

The salesman at our dealership told me the same thing. He even went so far as to say that the boat was so heavy, that additional tie-downs weren’t needed at all, and that the winch strap was enough.

These guys sell boats; they are just telling you what they do/have been taught. They don’t have advanced degrees in physics or engineering...

Back