Humminbird GPS packing question

dmctruby

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a new Hummunbird fishfinder recently. I purchased a 788ci HD DI combo depth finder/gps/chart plotter. Purchased on-line from a vendor I have not used before. The unit was suppose to be new, oddly though there are several small plastic bags the item comes wrapped in and each one had a "punch hole" style hole in the bag. The unit itself was in an unsealed bag, and the unit did not have the normal clear screen protection tape on the screen. The unit is shipped with a hard screen cover, but I expected to see that clear tape over the screen. Last, there were a few marks, like a small pry mark at the tab point where the screen attaches to the body of the unit.

These units list for around 799 and I paid 680, and i am hoping I am just being paranoid. If I could validate that new units are not shipped with the transparent screen film protector I would feel better. The box was hot glue sealed, hard to tell if it was factory sealed or not.

I plan to call humminbird when the customer service line is open, but I thought someone here might know.

Admins you can delete the thread. I found a you tube video of a new unit being unpacked and packing was the same. Thanks

Back