Hurricane run

Dgj

Reaction score
I have been going to the back of the condo in Pensacola and looking at the intercoastal ever Little bit and never fails there are 5 to 10 large offshore fishing boats making the run west to get out of the path of the hurricane. They aren’t going at there normal casual speed either. It is all out moving. I couldn’t imagine the burn rate on fuel but I am sure it is better than loosing your boat. Hope it blows through fast and the forecast is correct and everyone gets to a safe place.

Yeah it looks like a big storm. I hope everyone stays safe.

Just got notified the bridges will be closing tonight and a voluntary evacuation has been ordered so we are leaving. Hate to get stuck with a 2 and 5 year old.

I have been going to the back of the condo in Pensacola and looking at the intercoastal ever Little bit and never fails there are 5 to 10 large offshore fishing boats making the run west to get out of the path of the hurricane. They aren’t going at there normal casual speed either. It is all out moving. I couldn’t imagine the burn rate on fuel but I am sure it is better than loosing your boat. Hope it blows through fast and the forecast is correct and everyone gets to a safe place.
Stay safe, Mother Nature always wins!

Wow, the devistation in Florida is unreal. That was one nasty hurricane. I can’t even fathom being through something that bad.

Wow, the devistation in Florida is unreal. That was one nasty hurricane. I can’t even fathom being through something that bad.

I was blown away watching the news tonight and seeing how bad it is down there. Thoughts and prayers with all those impacted by it.

Of course the damage here is nothing like Florida but that was an unbelievable fast moving storm that whipped through here. Started really raining about 830a and it was done about 4-430p. with the sun coming out drying everything up. Multiple power outages by huge trees getting blown down blocking roads, hitting houses and cars and just making a mess. I think it was worse than Florence for us......

Of course the damage here is nothing like Florida but that was an unbelievable fast moving storm that whipped through here. Started really raining about 830a and it was done about 4-430p. with the sun coming out drying everything up. Multiple power outages by huge trees getting blown down blocking roads, hitting houses and cars and just making a mess. I think it was worse than Florence for us......

Fast moving but intense from the sounds of it. Hope you were unscathed.

I guess that’s part of what we trade off by living up north: few natural diseaster type issues to contend with up here in the Mitten state. Just strong seasonal changes, and putting boats away for 1/2 the year.

Fast moving but intense from the sounds of it. Hope you were unscathed.

I guess that’s part of what we trade off by living up north: few natural diseaster type issues to contend with up here in the Mitten state. Just strong seasonal changes, and putting boats away for 1/2 the year.
The funny/weird thing is Lake Norman/Charlotte is pretty far from the Atlantic beaches/coast line. About 4 hrs. from Myrtle Beach and 3.75 from Charleston. The past 2 hurricanes were so large and powerful by the time it reaches us it's pretty much downgraded to a tropical storm but still packs a punch.

Back