I can be your advisor regarding adding an Express Tube to your boat

What is a reasonable price to add an Express tube?  We may need to in the future if we go with the 2550 GSR.
I'd use $3000 - $3500 as a rough estimate, inc. labor. Shipping is the big variable. If you can coordinate having the ET loaded on a truck bringing new boats to your dealer, you'll save a bunch, depending on how far you are from Elkhart.

Is it a very big do it yourself job? Swimming under my boat it looks as though the holes might already be there. So wouldn't just be a matter of lining it up and bolting it in place? Did you ever do an increased speed test?

Yes, one could bolt the tube. The under shielding could be trickier, depending on your skills.

Yes, my top speed stayed exactly the same..... 28 mph. Since I didn't do the upgrade for speed, rather a higher quality ride (which I got), I am 100% satisfied.

Hi gang. I previously posted a thread about my experience of adding an Express Tube to my 2275 RLi.

It is unbelievable how much of an improvement this has been to my boating experience. As a planing hull, versus a displacement hull, the boat is a completely different beast.

From a ride and handling perspective, it is as smooth as butter. I've not yet checked to see what the speed increase is, but frankly, that's not why I did the upgrade.

I learned a lot through this process and would be happy to provide advice and counsel to anyone who is considering this upgrade. You will be glad you upgraded, I promise.

I am a very happy Bennington owner! BM is the best of the best. Happy boating!
I'm thrilled to hear this. I have a 2014 SLX with a 70 and I want to go to a 115. It looked like that was done with the idea until your post. I'd love to get the in's and outs. Thanks

I am another like Goldenrod that added an express toon. If you do so I would definitely add the under deck skinning as well

I'm thrilled to hear this. I have a 2014 SLX with a 70 and I want to go to a 115. It looked like that was done with the idea until your post. I'd love to get the in's and outs. Thanks

I very seriously doubt Bennington will accept any more orders for a stand-alone Express Tube for such a project. They are doing all they can to get complete boats built to satisfy demand. My tube was shipped on a truck with built boats to the dealership. Your dealer would have to be in pretty good standing for them to make such arrangements today.

My suggestion is to start with your dealership parts department and have them inquire as to if it can still be done.

If not, I'd look at upgrading boats. Between the cost of fitting an Express Tube (again, if they will even do it) and the upgrade to a 115 might cost as much as upgrading.

I inquired about the cost to add a third toon to my 2275 GCX in the Spring of 2018. Don't remember the exact amount, but they basically said no with price. On top of an exorbitant cost of the toon, they wanted something like $3000 for freight to SC.

I very seriously doubt Bennington will accept any more orders for a stand-alone Express Tube for such a project. They are doing all they can to get complete boats built to satisfy demand. My tube was shipped on a truck with built boats to the dealership. Your dealer would have to be in pretty good standing for them to make such arrangements today.

My suggestion is to start with your dealership parts department and have them inquire as to if it can still be done.

If not, I'd look at upgrading boats. Between the cost of fitting an Express Tube (again, if they will even do it) and the upgrade to a 115 might cost as much as upgrading.

Thanks for your help. I contacted parts after the Bennington rep. gave me all the list of what I needed. The whole thing from start to finish is about 6k counting shipping. I looked at upgrading but they want 52k for for a new boat with the tritoon and the 115.

Thanks for your help. I contacted parts after the Bennington rep. gave me all the list of what I needed. The whole thing from start to finish is about 6k counting shipping. I looked at upgrading but they want 52k for for a new boat with the tritoon and the 115.

Hmmm surprising. I heard they weren’t doing it anymore. I guess if willing to pay separate shipping they will. Guess they just won’t do it with a boat shipment anymore, as they had to bolt into existing 2 toon boat, then dealer had to remove ... etc...

You know it get's confusing. I spoke to a Pontoon dealer who did a Tritoon video on U tube. I called him and he said he would not do the tritoon with the 115. He said I'd be better off with a new toon and suggested a price of 40K. Do you think given the numbers 4200 parts 1000 install and 850 shipping. Plus a 10 spot for the motor on a 2014 Bennington SLX 20 is a vaild decision.

You know it get's confusing. I spoke to a Pontoon dealer who did a Tritoon video on U tube. I called him and he said he would not do the tritoon with the 115. He said I'd be better off with a new toon and suggested a price of 40K. Do you think given the numbers 4200 parts 1000 install and 850 shipping. Plus a 10 spot for the motor on a 2014 Bennington SLX 20 is a vaild decision.
I don't. And I also believe you can get an Express Tube boat w/115 for much less than $51K. And longer than a 20 footer, to boot.

Another thought... not sure what your trailer arrangements are, but you likely need to factor in the expense of modifying your trailer to handle a 3 tube boat. I sold my crank up and bought a bunk trailer.

I paid less than $51K for my 2014 24 sslx with SPS and a 200 brand new.

I guess there are good and bad deals out there. Maybe it's New Jersey thing. I guess you have to find a dealer who is priced to sell. Still I'm finding things out that an express tube on my boat will not allow me to be over 90 hp. I find that strange given the additional buoyancy. I do understand the new vs. plowing money into a 2014. The numbers do work for me so I'm still heading down that path. I'm not sure I can trust the information I've been getting. Does that accurate.

Back