I have a build date/week also !!!!

joecfd1

Reaction score
Got the word this morning our 2019 25QSB is being built starting today. We ordered it August 15 and was quoted 12 weeks. I am now scrambling trying to get the trailer built
to beat the boat to the dealer. I opted to build my own trailer as I have a 8' garage door opening that I need to clear.

We sold our 2006 Playcraft 2600 Powertoon 350/Bravo 3 2 weeks ago. Whew... I was hoping not to own 2 pontoons at the same time. haha

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Interesting. We placed our order on August 8th. I spoke with the dealer this morning to ask about a build date and he said he doesn't have one yet, but the factory contacted him this morning with a question about the order. I am going to optimistically take that as the factory is ready to start the build.

Got the word this morning our 2019 25QSB is being built starting today. We ordered it August 15 and was quoted 12 weeks. I am now scrambling trying to get the trailer built
to beat the boat to the dealer. I opted to build my own trailer as I have a 8' garage door opening that I need to clear./QUOTE]

We have a 2575RCW and a custom built trailer (plus we shortened the bimini trailering arms). With 14" tires, ours has just a few inches through our 9' overhead door. With the way the toons sit above the tires/fenders, I'm curious how you are going to get yours to sit that low on the trailer to fit through an 8' door. Do you plan to extend the axles beyond the standard 8 1/2' width restriction?

Actually the width restriction is 108" outside of tire to outside of tire. "35101. When any vehicle is equipped with pneumatic tires, the maximum width from the outside of one wheel and tire to the opposite shall not exceed 108 inches." The trailer itself can't exceed 102".

Actually the width restriction is 108" outside of tire to outside of tire. "35101. When any vehicle is equipped with pneumatic tires, the maximum width from the outside of one wheel and tire to the opposite shall not exceed 108 inches." The trailer itself can't exceed 102".
I didn't realize that. I thought 8 1/2' was the standard max without permit. Do you hope to extend the axle width to make this work?

Torsion spring axles may help you lower the height as well (wish we had them).

I didn't realize that. I thought 8 1/2' was the standard max without permit. Do you hope to extend the axle width to make this work?

Torsion spring axles may help you lower the height as well (wish we had them).

I had UFP/Dexter axle make 3 torsion axles to my dimensions. 2 with brakes ans 1 idler.Axles.jpg

Is this an i/o ? Sorry if I missed it somewhere.

Is this an i/o ? Sorry if I missed it somewhere.

Sorry... I guess I forgot to put the specs... 25QSB Swing Back (no keeper rail), Metallic white with Smokey Granite panel, Glacier White with Perforated Carbon interior, Mercury 350 Verado Cold Fusion White, Seagrass Slate floor, ESP .125 w/ wavetamer, Center tube storage, Washdown, Upgraded Kicker with sub, RGB lighting, Dual battery. I initially tried to order it with no bimini top but Bennington wouldn't allow it as the rear navigation light is built into the frame. The reason for no biminis is that I wanted a local company to build 2 stainless steel frame bimini tops. Nothing wrong with the aluminum tops I just prefer the polished stainless tops. That is still my plan but I'll have to sell the top that comes with it.

OK, then quick question, did you get the tube specs or see one in person? The reason I ask is when I looked at the design program you have the image of the trailer and I see a small rear extended area, this is obviously usually to support the extended center toon / transom. I just remember with my second and third RCW the center toon was substantially longer than my outer toons. So much that I had EZ Loader fabricate some extended supports for my EZ Loader Custom Executive Trailer. After that they changed and said that all ESP trailers will be built with the extended rear section, which they did on my next trailer for my third boat. Anyway, the only thing I noticed was that depending on the model (at least at the time), this seemed to vary. The other boat my dealer had only had about 6-8" extended of the center toon.

You obviously seem very capable and have done your research so I'm sure you are well aware of the specs.

Sounds like one beautiful boat though!!

OK, then quick question, did you get the tube specs or see one in person? The reason I ask is when I looked at the design program you have the image of the trailer and I see a small rear extended area, this is obviously usually to support the extended center toon / transom. I just remember with my second and third RCW the center toon was substantially longer than my outer toons. So much that I had EZ Loader fabricate some extended supports for my EZ Loader Custom Executive Trailer. After that they changed and said that all ESP trailers will be built with the extended rear section, which they did on my next trailer for my third boat. Anyway, the only thing I noticed was that depending on the model (at least at the time), this seemed to vary. The other boat my dealer had only had about 6-8" extended of the center toon.

You obviously seem very capable and have done your research so I'm sure you are well aware of the specs.

Yes, you are correct... the center tube extends 15” further back than the side tubes. That’s why I made the rear faceted section to take the load of the center tube and motor as per Benningtons trailer specs.

Capture.JPG

Looks like you know what you are doing!!!! Nice! Can't wait to see it completed with the boat on top.

Pretty impressive! Like I said, I figured you had looked into it. So will this see a lot of towing? Will you have any flexibility to adjust tongue weight?

I might offer another suggestion, I was never a fan of one aspect of my EZ Loader Custom Executive Trailer ,most trailers have this same issue, the retractable transom tie down straps that hook onto your two outer logs always have to put pressure on the 'box' welded onto the back for your transducer / underwater lighting. When EZ Loader made me the extra centre support for the trailer, I also had them fabricate an 'extension' . It was about 8" long and was made to bolt into where the original mechanism was and then reattach the retractable strap to the end of it. I never actually installed it because I traded in that boat and trailer and gave them to my dealer. Kicked myself for not keeping them for the new trailer. Anyway, just a thought. I had looked at installing them on the angled section instead of directly below the toon eyelet, but didn't do that either. Quite the procrastinator I am!! ::)

Pretty impressive! Like I said, I figured you had looked into it. So will this see a lot of towing? Will you have any flexibility to adjust tongue weight?

I might offer another suggestion, I was never a fan of one aspect of my EZ Loader Custom Executive Trailer ,most trailers have this same issue, the retractable transom tie down straps that hook onto your two outer logs always have to put pressure on the 'box' welded onto the back for your transducer / underwater lighting. When EZ Loader made me the extra centre support for the trailer, I also had them fabricate an 'extension' . It was about 8" long and was made to bolt into where the original mechanism was and then reattach the retractable strap to the end of it. I never actually installed it because I traded in that boat and trailer and gave them to my dealer. Kicked myself for not keeping them for the new trailer. Anyway, just a thought. I had looked at installing them on the angled section instead of directly below the toon eyelet, but didn't do that either. Quite the procrastinator I am!! ::)
No, the tongue weight will not be adjustable. I'm pretty confident I have the center of mass placed properly relative
to the axles which should yield the ideal 10% tongue weight. This won't be seeing much road time as our home is only about 1 mile from the launch ramp. I know what you are talking about the rear tie downs... I saw a boat at the dealer and the tie down was draped right over the underwater lights... Terrible design. I'm working that problem out now.

Last edited:
I'm only about 2 miles from the Windsor ramp but still tie the rear down. The hooks on the boat and the bottom of the trailer work fine for regular tow straps. They drape over the stand-off on the port tube but don't interfere with the transducer.

Back