I have a build date/week !!!!

Baja 252

Reaction score
We ordered the boat on June 21st and just received an email today saying it's being built the week of Aug 27th. My dealer says that should put it arriving to him the week of Sept 3rd. That's about 11 weeks from ordering to dealer, I was quoted 8 to 12 weeks so it's not too bad.
I think our 24 yr old daughter is more excited than we are to get the boat. She's been pushing for a pontoon for years ever since we sold our 1999 24' Sundancer (150hp) in 2007. We sold our Baja in June, so we've been boat less most of the summer. I've been spending my time at the lake getting the dock and lift set up for the new boat. We should have it just in time to start enjoy the cooler weather.

So what’s your specs on your he new toon?

Congratulations

Congrats. I had the same scenerio back in 2012, my new Bennington arrived in September as well. 5 weeks to go, hang in there.

So what’s your specs on your he new toon?

I listed a few in my signature. It's a 22 GSRFB with the new Mercury V6 200hp. We are on LOTO and have very rough water, so went with the ESP hull and bow wave tamer to get every advantage in the rough water. It's white w/blk accent and the blackout pkg with the SS rub rail. I did get the SS ladder, because it goes well with the SS rub rail, SS dock lights and the SS gate on the back of the FB's. We skipped the amp, but did get the upgraded Kicker KMC10 stereo. The interior is the R series captains chairs with the Pillowtop Diamond Stitch Upholstery in driftwood with carbon inserts.
The boat sits on a lift in front of the house, so we go for rides or use water toys off the dock, not all day outings. Because of this we skipped the in floor storage. I also would have rather had the 250hp, but skipping those last two things let us get the ESP hull and we thought that was more important.

We are also at LOTO and you will love the way your boat will handle the rough water. The ESP with wavetamer is an amazing Hull. Good choices on all your options. Looks like a great build. We got ours late August last year and still got 20 hrs on it by end of boating season last year. Congrats!

Exciting! Summer usually goes by in a blink of an eye, unless you're waiting for your new Bennington to be built.

We ordered our new 23 GSB the week of July 4th. Luckily the dealer had some build slots approaching so we are hoping to have it in FH of September. Sounds like we are in the same boat...no pun intended

Don’t feel bad. We ordered our 27 RSBAX2 - Cladded Sport Arch Twin Engine Benny in January at the boat show, still not here. To their credit they estimated mid July due to the Evinrude iDock system being on back order. Still some good boating days left, we are being told maybe next week. My only gripe is the lack of solid communication from the factory to the dealers. These boats aren’t cheap, I’d expect a little clearer communication with a high priced product like this.

I'm jealous.

That iDock system is spectacular looking. Wow. I’m jealous too! :D

You HAVE to post pics of that baby!!!

Wow, cant wait to see pix

That is gorgeous. What a difference the 10' beam makes in the looks. Also the cladded arch is the sexiest look of all

Holy crap!

VERY nice!!!

Wow! She's beautiful but tell us how she handles with the wide beam and dual engines. Nimble?

Back