I love to pull up to restaurants in the Benny.

Is it just me, or is "good beer and passable food" about as good as it gets for dock-front eateries? Not that I'm complaining, mind you...

Seems to be the case by us too. We're not drinkers so we typically eat at home and spend boating time boating. It is nice that we can go to parks and the farmers market via boat though. The food down here is not as good as in MI.

Steve's Bar & Grill, Houghton Lake MI. :)
View attachment 25528

We’ll have to stop by this place sometime for dinner. Are the prices reasonable? Can you send me the menu. Is the “beer good and the food passable” like other H.L. establishments?

LOL ;):D

If you at Portman’s try Nami as well. Best sushi in the upstate by far. Also The Grill at Clemson Marina is a great lunch spot but a long trip from Hartwell.

My kids love Clemson grill. The local pub isn’t bad either. Like Nami just wish they would develop the atmosphere some.

Kevin, those seem like really long docks! Would boats actually stack up in front of your boat as shown in the picture? Doesn't seem possible.

You are right! They are very strange. When we docked there my wife asked me why I was parking way out at the end - then she realized that the two inboard slips couldn't accommodate two abreast and we could easily get blocked in. I guess bass boats or bow-riders could manage it.

Probably designed by a committee... of people who don't own boats!

If you at Portman’s try Nami as well. Best sushi in the upstate by far. Also The Grill at Clemson Marina is a great lunch spot but a long trip from Hartwell.
Stephen,
Are you on Lake Keowee? Have you checked out the Lighthouse Lake Keowee and lakeside dining at the cabana? Great food and drinks and some interesting sights.
A8F95548-F592-443B-BAB0-39A6BE2EBB5C.jpeg C0A3CC43-9BA3-4D5E-B81D-8394EBDB367E.jpeg E71A46B5-5450-45C8-97C8-3C24ED0A3400.jpeg D5D3E5F1-9E16-41BB-AA38-E3BBB5AF8FB7.jpeg AB289B64-BA38-4747-B1C3-F7D90E500CB7.jpeg

Fajita Jack’s, Akashi, and replacement for Sam’s Boat to be opened soon - Lake Conroe, TX. Birthday dinner for dw at Akashi tonight. Fajita Jacks is mediocre Mexican for this part of the world, but.... it’s on the lake .

upload_2019-8-1_21-2-52.jpeg

Barkley state park lodge. Haven’t been back. Ok food Best 2 places for food on the lake is echo Charlie’s on Barkley or moors on KY lake. Best place for beer drinking and ok for food is HUB’s on Barkley.

Attachments

• 739C4D82-9594-4D01-A10C-8B717EE6A558.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
There is a local annual “party on the lake” called Bud Bash. It is sponsored by the restaurant/bar I posted a picture from above. That place is in the bottom right hand corner lakeside.

Below is the picture someone posted of today’s turnout for the weekend long event on Houghton Lake, Michigan.

D2F08D9F-69A7-48F3-82FD-528FF494E403.jpeg

The Tiki Hut at the Keowee Marina on lake Keowee. Only tried once and the fish tacos were pretty good.
Was at the Tiki Hunt last year. Agree with you on the tacos. Lighthouse Cabana yesterday. It was packed with a 30min wait.

Kevin, that’s what we enjoy. Traveling around to the different lakes within about 600-700 miles, one way. Lots of adventures, exploring those that we’ve read about.

Not sure exactly where you are located, but Lake Jocassee in SC is tops. Crystal clear water, waterfalls and little boat traffic.

Not sure exactly where you are located, but Lake Jocassee in SC is tops. Crystal clear water, waterfalls and little boat traffic.
Agree Jocassee is one of the most beautiful places in the world (National Geographic has it top 10 on their list) but no lakeside restaurants so bring your own for that one.

Jocassee, the Lake Tahoe of the Eastern US. Lake Keowee, water from Jocassee Damn, is right up there with clear waters but the boat traffic on the weekends is heavy. Love jumping in the water and seeing your feet.

city deck.jpg
This is the 'City Deck' on the Fox River in Green Bay, WI. Enough room for about 30-40 boats. About 12-18 bars/restaurants within 2-3 minute walk from here, plus live music on the deck Wednesday and Friday nights.
There also is another 4-5 restaurants further upriver from downtown that have slips. Most of these places have nice patios with great views.

Back