I should have bought a bigger engine.

You know what you need to do. PADS

Twin 450’s should do the trick. Might even take a few of them.

They are compensating for something else .... :D

You don't need to keep up with them! Good friends will wait for you! What motor do you have on your Benny?!?

Mine is a 200hp Mercury. I was just just trying to be funny. They are great neighbors and I love looking at all high $$ boats.
I’ve had lots of fast cars and boats over the years, I’m enjoying cruising at 25mph in my Benny.

Mine is a 200hp Mercury. I was just just trying to be funny. They are great neighbors and I love looking at all high $$ boats.
I’ve had lots of fast cars and boats over the years, I’m enjoying cruising at 25mph in my Benny.
Yup realized that! 25 to 30mph is perfect for us too!

Then I am the low man as we cruise 13-18 and when we are doing 25+ it is to get there before happy hour ends

Then I am the low man as we cruise 13-18 and when we are doing 25+ it is to get there before happy hour ends
That's us as well. We probably stay in the 10-12mph range the most. Of course most of our outings are evening/night cruises and the slow going makes it easier to hear music and conversation.

"The bigger the boat, the smaller the scro...."
That'll be enough of that.

Whoa fellas, my 250 doesnt have any bearing on the size of my scroll saw. My wife is quite happy with the woodwork it produces!

Speaking of, found out this past weekend where speed can get you in a wee bit of trouble with the Admiral. Was out with another family cruising around the river when I opened it up on a long, clear stretch. Wife was sitting up on the bow seat and, unbeknownst to me, her blouse/tank top was quite - shall we say - influenced by the wind. For a couple of seconds everyone got a good view of her goodies and while quite amusing I’m sure she would have preferred not to have been that evening’s entertainment.

I guess a sports bra will now be incorporated into the boating dress code. And sorry boys, no pictures!

Whoa fellas, my 250 doesnt have any bearing on the size of my scroll saw. My wife is quite happy with the woodwork it produces!

Speaking of, found out this past weekend where speed can get you in a wee bit of trouble with the Admiral. Was out with another family cruising around the river when I opened it up on a long, clear stretch. Wife was sitting up on the bow seat and, unbeknownst to me, her blouse/tank top was quite - shall we say - influenced by the wind. For a couple of seconds everyone got a good view of her goodies and while quite amusing I’m sure she would have preferred not to have been that evening’s entertainment.

I guess a sports bra will now be incorporated into the boating dress code. And sorry boys, no pictures!
Perhaps if everyone held up "10" paddles as a scoring, she would have been a bit less embarrassed. (Is there room for me for next similar cruise?) lol :oops: Boat ride and a show! Sign me up!

Last edited:
I'm more of about a 6 mph guy....unless my bladder has reached capacity and I'm looking for a port to offload some liquid payload.

Oh man!

Yeah, my CEO would have probably reacted about the same. Ya know, we have the Yamaha F-350 350HP and, we very often find that cruising around 25-30 is just fine. Yep, I can kick it up to right at 50.5 mph but, it's not fun watching the fuel gauge go down as fast as the speed-o is going in the opposite direction! :oops:
Scott

Back