I want to replace my Garmin 95 Fish Finder with GPS

rfholman

Reaction score
I have a 2011 2275 RCW that came with a Garmin 95 Fish Finder.  It is installed in the dash as noted in the photo.  I would like to replace it with a GPS unit that will fit into the same space.  Does anyone have any experience doing this?  Can you suggest a GPS unit that will fit into this same space without too much modification? 

Bennington Cockpit.jpg

From just looking at it the 431 may be similar size.  Go to Garmin and get the size specs of the 95 and compare to the 431

I have a 2011 2275 RCW that came with a Garmin 95 Fish Finder.  It is installed in the dash as noted in the photo.  I would like to replace it with a GPS unit that will fit into the same space.  Does anyone have any experience doing this?  Can you suggest a GPS unit that will fit into this same space without too much modification? 
I put the 5" version in the same spot (547xs). It's a tight fit and took a bit of cutting and trimming, but it was fairly simple to do. Here is a thread I created on doing it. http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/2420-r-series-garmin-echo-100-to-garmin-gpsmap-547xs-upgrade/?hl=garmin

Running a new transducer cable while the boat was on the lift, on the other hand, was a royal pain.

When I replaced the Garmin 95 with the 431s, the transducer and harness were the same. The only big job was cutting the hole larger. There are pics in my gallery.

Back