If Someone Would Talk My Wife Into It.......

For a company there is much more to the cost then just the materials, food for thought.

Agreed. Many feel boats are over-priced but after reading A LOT on the topic on other forums I don't think it's as lucrative as people believe. The investments needed on their factories, tooling, personnel, debt service etc. make up a large part of the expense of a boat, not to mention the parts and labor. A free market and lots of competition usually ensure profits are not unchecked, and in the boating world I feel there is more choice now than ever.

That all being said, territories set up by manufacturers restricts a true free market, so there is that. And for sure demand for a particular unique product can lead to significant mark ups. For those old enough to remember when Mazda first released the Miata everyone wanted one, and dealers were able to mark them up 50% to even more than 100%. I think the same could happen with these new Ford Broncos.

But Benny prices aren't completely out of whack in my opinion, especially given the quality and 10-year warranty costs they have exposure to.

Don't make fun of my retirement plan. I only buy tickets when the jackpot is huge because I could hardly retire on $35 Million. :)

Of course. Labor, overhead, import taxes - just to name a few. Would just be interesting to understand the total, all in costs for a manufacturer to produce a pontoon vs MSRP.
Not to mention ongoing costs related to servicing the 10-year warranty.

Spend the dough and enjoy the result. You'll make yourself crazy otherwise. Boats are big holes in the water you throw money into - enjoy the ride!

Not to mention ongoing costs related to servicing the 10-year warranty.

Spend the dough and enjoy the result. You'll make yourself crazy otherwise. Boats are big holes in the water you throw money into - enjoy the ride!

100%. Looking forward to just getting out there and enjoying it with family and friends.
We knew the upfront costs (and the annual carrying costs) going in. These are just the little things that rattle around in one's head during a long, cold northeast winter while waiting for both the season and a new boat to arrive!

Saw the thread title and thought it might be worth checking this thread out.

So disappointed.
No worries. Have you seen his wife?

JUST KIDDING!!

Back