If you're not from the northern climes, you may not be able to fully appreciate this

goldnrod24

Reaction score
It's September 24th in northern Michigan and I snapped this photo from the water this morning!

IMG_8745_zpsofnevrzt.jpg

I wish it was like this year round! I can't get over the water clarity up there!

How deep was the water there Randy?!?

Shoulder deep.

If one looks carefully through the tunnel toward the bow, you can see the trees around the lake are almost ready to turn. The dichotomy here is why I love this photo so much!

I noticed yesterday that Albany was 91*, Sacandaga was 86 and Cocoa Beach was 85. Nice for my lake friends back home

Man I’m jealous, had a class and couldn’t get north to the in laws! Hottest is been all year up there. My boating is pretty much done for this year.

You guys need to take better care of the water, up there. By the time it gets down here, it's all muddy and messed up.

You guys need to take better care of the water, up there. By the time it gets down here, it's all muddy and messed up.

That ain't mud. That's all the cow **it washing down ..... :(

I still remember the winter before last our lake froze almost perfectly smooth and the ice was see through. It was incredible.

http://www.cbc.ca/1.3356031

Woke up this morning and it was 50 something degrees! What the hell?!? Only high of 79 today. Wasn't planning on taking the boat out for a few weeks. Hmmmmmmm........

Woke up this morning and it was 50 something degrees! What the hell?!? Only high of 79 today. Wasn't planning on taking the boat out for a few weeks. Hmmmmmmm........

This has been one wacky weather year nationwide.

I was hoping to have a nice, mild fall (similar to the last couple of years) so we could enjoy our first, new boat a bit longer.

However, with the way the weather has been behaving -- and unless I'm willing to invest in a survival suit -- I may not make it until the end of the month. The new baby may only see another two weeks tops before she goes into winter storage. **grumble, grumble**

It was a sad weekend for us as ours went into hibernation this weekend. Hopefully a job opportunity somewhere warmer will present itself soon and we can get back on the water before May.

It was a sad weekend for us as ours went into hibernation this weekend. Hopefully a job opportunity somewhere warmer will present itself soon and we can get back on the water before May.

Got to watch out Andy, we came down to Florida early this year and my wife is having a lot of trouble with the heat.

IMO if you are going to live year round Carolinas seem to be a good climate however I still like being a snowbird and enjoying NY summers and Florida winters, just have to learn not to come down so early

Back