Ignition not working

ChrisCol

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm an Aussie owner of a 2007 Bennington pontoon boat. My ignition switch appears to have failed and I wondered if this is a common problem or if someone can point me in the right direction. Does anyone have a wiring diagram?

I've checked Battery and that is fine. The safety lanyard switch works fine (when its in the switch opens circuit). All the dash switches work.

Thanks
Chris

Did you check for power at switch? Do that first. If there’s power at switch and lanyards working properly, then it’s probably the issue. If you have power to output side of switch, then we need to start working forward from there.

Thanks. I'll check that. Not sure what colour cable is the positive feed to the switch. The engine is a Suzuki DF90 (2007) and the tilt switch on the engine housing works, but the tilt switch on the throttle lever doesn't move the engine, so maybe it's not an ignition issue. I checked the fuses in the engine and they are all fine.

How did this turn out? I have the exact same problem - good battery, can operate power tilt at the motor, cannot operate power tilt at the console and ignition won’t start.

Same here... no ignition or power tilt at console.. button on motor works for tilt.. any results from anyone?

Have you verified your ignition safety lanyard is connected properly.

Boat in neutral?!?

Back