ignition switch for 2008 2250 gl

kent tapscott

Reaction score
my pontoon's ignition switch has started giving me problems. first the rubber grommet around the switch kind of "dissolved" and now the switch sometimes does not engage until after i turn it several times. once i use it, it generally works fine as long as i use it daily. If i don't used it for a couple of weeks, then it has the same issue all over again. I have discovered if i squirt wd40 in the switch it will fire right up----but evidently it evaporates and a couple of weeks without use and it must be turned multiple times again. the battery has plenty of voltage and that is not the issue. is there a fix for this? do i need to buy a new switch? does the switch match the boat or the installed engine? (dealer installed yamaha 115)? thanks for any suggestions!

I wish I had an answer for you but I do not. I will say the same thing has happened to my Bennie. The rubber grommet around my ignition switch “melted” and it was hell to clean. It has not effected my ability to insert the key and start it however. I would assume it’s only purpose is to keep water out.

Back