I'll be glad when boating season up north, begins!

Hey Danny, with regard to the coolers, I know we have many on this board that swear by the expensive ones and with good reason. But my two cents worth: It depends on how warm it is where you boat and how long you need stuff to stay cold. Up here in MI we're lucky to get a few days a year where it hits +90. We live off the lake so I need to keep stuff cold for 6 to 8 hours. We use a 30 year old Igloo and a handful of those refreezeable bags that we got with those fresh dinners that you order on-line (e.g. Hello Fresh). Of course, you can get them elsewhere too, but they work 10X better than ice.

As for anchors, it depends a lot on the type of bottom you'll encounter where you plan to boat. Our lake is mainly marl/muck and sand, so we went with a danforth style anchor, specifically a Fortress. While it does cost a bit more than a standard danforth, what you are buying is an extremely light, easy setting anchor with out-of-this world holding power. If you search this topic on this forum, I think you'll find several threads to read through. I also know other members use different styles that they seem to love. However, I really think it depends on the bottom condition what will work best for you.

I will check it out!!!

8CB6A8A2-647B-4770-9EDE-A1E072CCB6A9.jpeg Guess what the plans are for this afternoon. You can make a pretty safe bet that the little wife and I are going to spend a few hours on a December cruise, today.

Jill wanted to boat on her Birthday 12/30 to celebrate another year after cancer treatments. Just looked at the 10 day forecast. 25 degrees and chance of snow. We will make a gameday decision. We might stay in the barn and toast the year sitting in the boat with the patio heater fired up.

I have this one
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AU5XROG/ref=twister_B01GEIPS2Q?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

71hDESPYezL._SL1500_.jpg

I do so love Google! So I searched for this model and found it at Fry’s for $80 w free shipping and no tax. That beat Walmart and Amazon by $25. Whoopee!!!!! Thanks for the recommendations!

Jill wanted to boat on her Birthday 12/30 to celebrate another year after cancer treatments. Just looked at the 10 day forecast. 25 degrees and chance of snow. We will make a gameday decision. We might stay in the barn and toast the year sitting in the boat with the patio heater fired up.

Prayers for Jill. Glad she’s enjoying the good life.

Not rubbing it in, but you might want to turn the sound down. Wind noise. I was trying out the video recording sunglasses that I got for my birthday.

Put this thread in the midwest header and tell that southern boy to stay out... :p

Pretty cool!

You had the lake all to yourself and I've never played Christmas music on my boat before!

View attachment 21243 And I went to BPS and got my Christmas pontoon. They had them on sale at 1/2 price. Merry Christmas, friends.
Ours didn't have any left but free shipping online and 1/2 price. I'll have it for next year. Nice touch with the blue lights for water effect.

DC9F3677-8F93-46DA-978A-417632401EC6.jpeg I’m in a Jeep club, and every year, we participate in a large local Christmas Parade. I’m planning on putting this on a trailer, and pulling behind the Jeep in the parade, next year.

View attachment 21247 I’m in a Jeep club, and every year, we participate in a large local Christmas Parade. I’m planning on putting this on a trailer, and pulling behind the Jeep in the parade, next year.

It's cool for your club to have that kind of parade. A neighbor and a couple of guys here doing that every year. Recently helped a buddy install the new tires and centerline wheels on his Wrangler and we throw the old steelies on the trailer. Guess the mascot or something on the trailer along with the lights will cheer the neighborhood.

Do it!

First post. I have gained a lot of knowledge about Bennington models and options from this forum . Live in Northern MN so trying to pass the winter with a lot of skiing and snowmobiling. Awaiting the arrival of my 22ssbxp, sps, 150 yami. Didn't discover this forum until after I ordered my boat but I think I got it right. Great forum and lots of great tips. Cmon spring.

Back