Individual Pontoon Boat Seat Covers

Reaction score
Hi,

We just had a terrible wind storm in NC on the lake. The wind ripped off two seat covers (one bench sofa cover (big cover) and one captains chair) and the bimini top from our pontoon. I am in touch with the local Bennington dealer to get a new bimini top, but apparently they do not sell individual seat covers. Does anyone know where to get individual seat covers that would match the seat covers we currently have ? (the covers that came with the boat...)

Thanks,

NC Bennington Owner

I've read different threads on the forum that indicated the best place to go is a local marine canvass shop for custom work. Folks seem to have gotten a wide range of costs, from $1000 to $2500, I believe.

I think you are on the right track going directly to Bennington. Most boat manufacturers carry replacement seat skins for 5 years. They should be able to match your seats exactly. I have done this with my Checkmate and I know Glastron has a similar program.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the local dealer, Bennington does not replace individual seat covers. They are pointing me to folks who make custom covers...which I cannot imagine will match my other covers. Bennington Team, please verify that Bennington does not help with individual seat cover replacement. I think this is something that should be posted. Thanks a bunch.

I am not clear on what you are asking for, if these are slip on protective covers, then no, Bennington does not offer those. If they are the actual vinyl seat skins, then yes those can be ordered through your dealer.

I have seen where Bennington could recommend you to their supplier for playpen covers and bimini fabric. But that could get expensive and would be an off season project, that's why they recommend you to try a local canvas shop.

I am not clear on what you are asking for, if these are slip on protective covers, then no, Bennington does not offer those. If they are the actual vinyl seat skins, then yes those can be ordered through your dealer.

I have seen where Bennington could recommend you to their supplier for playpen covers and bimini fabric. But that could get expensive and would be an off season project, that's why they recommend you to try a local canvas shop.

Sorry I was not clear. I am talking about the slip-on protective seat covers, not the seats themselves. They came with the boat when it was purchased so that is why I thought they might sell replacements. Will try local canvas shops unless I hear something else from anyone. Just don't see how the covers will match and I do want them to match...

Take one of the remaining covers to them, they should be able to match the fabric.

I assume you bought this boat used? as i didn't think Bennington offered seat covers as an option.

If you could contact the previous owner to find out where they got the covers?

Take one of the remaining covers to them, they should be able to match the fabric.

I assume you bought this boat used? as i didn't think Bennington offered seat covers as an option.

If you could contact the previous owner to find out where they got the covers?
I tried to purchase individual seat covers from Bennington and was told they don't make them.

I tried to order them for months from their supplier to no avail. I think you will need to act local.

Team Bennington, on 08 July 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Seat covers are not offered by Bennington. The supplier that sews our bimini canvas offers seat covers and we will refer customers to them on occasion. Many customers find that a local canvas shop will do a great job because they're on-site...fast, efficicent.

I was referred to them Tumac that is. Don't bother unless perhaps its December and business is slow. I was going to get covers from them because they were reasonably priced.

Think I'll wait until this winter now.

There is a shop near us that takes the boat to their shop where they can work indoors. I have been quoted 1500-2000 for my 22 with standard seating layout.

Update... I cancelled the order... They still didn't have the spec and layout for my boat after 90 days and they are across the street from Bennington.

Team Bennington, on 08 July 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Seat covers are not offered by Bennington. The supplier that sews our bimini canvas offers seat covers and we will refer customers to them on occasion. Many customers find that a local canvas shop will do a great job because they're on-site...fast, efficicent.

I was referred to them Tumac that is. Don't bother unless perhaps its December and business is slow. I was going to get covers from them because they were reasonably priced.

Think I'll wait until this winter now.

There is a shop near us that takes the boat to their shop where they can work indoors. I have been quoted 1500-2000 for my 22 with standard seating layout.

Update... I cancelled the order... They still didn't have the spec and layout for my boat after 90 days and they are across the street from Bennington.

OK Thanks to all...I will go to a local canvas shop. And just to clarify, the boat was bought new and the seats were a part of the purchase from a Bennington dealer.

Back