Informational video: Quick clip use and removing, stowing, opening and covering easily.

I have used this method the last couple times at the boat. Works great taking it off. Putting it on though is a pain no matter what but at least this method it is easier getting it on the boat. 

Really?? I think putting it on is a breeze! I start with one of the Bimini cutouts to get it properly positioned. Done in less than 5 minutes!! 

Really?? I think putting it on is a breeze! I start with one of the Bimini cutouts to get it properly positioned. Done in less than 5 minutes!! 

I am doing mine on a trailer not a dock. I love the first part though it makes it much easier rolling it up than flipping it off the side but putting the top on while on a trailer is a pain no matter what.

I am doing mine on a trailer not a dock. I love the first part though it makes it much easier rolling it up than flipping it off the side but putting the top on while on a trailer is a pain no matter what.

Yeah, I can see where that would be a pain no matter what. 

Yeah, it's hard to enter the boat through the port door when it's on the trailer and 5 feet in the air...

Yeah, it's hard to enter the boat through the port door when it's on the trailer and 5 feet in the air...

I'd use the ladder .....  :Like:

thanks from a new member. It helped me figure out how to put the cover on even though you didn't really show how.

the Velcro bimini holes are the best part of the top for putting it back on. Get them lined up, velcroed, and tied up, and then it's pretty easy from there. Great video

mine has snaps around the front. much easier to line up the cover with those IMO

Thanks to Bob Sell @ F&S Yamaha & Marine for teaching me about the Quick Clip trick.

This is a video I made for using the quick clips, how to stow cover neatly by rolling, and unrolling for easy covering. Note: This is the way I've uncovered and covered for a couple years and it's pretty fast and simple, vs. balling up the cover then trying to figure out the front from the rear.

As I state in the video, if you don't have a side door zipper, get one installed. It makes a world of difference. 3-1/2 years of climbing in on hands and knees ..... no more. Now I can just stoop down, and walk in.

Just an FYI ... time to uncover and roll .... MAYBE 4-5 minutes. Time to unroll and cover, again MAYBE 4-5 minutes. If you roll it up as shown, there's no guesswork to unrolling. The rear is always at the outer edge of the roll with the puddle strap.

That was

I only have about 8” outside the front gate so I fold in half to starboard, remove poles, then fold in half again to starboard. Rather than roll (no room to easily start it) I simply fold front a couple times to the helm then the back to the helm. The “package” sitting on the helm is easy to move and I’m not bending over/kneeling to roll it up. I replace it on helm and reverse procedure to recover the pontoon. I have snaps so it takes slightly longer than Dave - SEMPERFI.

Thanks for the post brother! Just retired after 21 years in our beloved Corps and wife and I taking delivery of our first ever boat tomorrow morning and new 2018 Bennington 23GSB. Can't wait to hit the lake and this will be a big help. I've been soaking in all the knowledge I can find.

Thanks for the post brother! Just retired after 21 years in our beloved Corps and wife and I taking delivery of our first ever boat tomorrow morning and new 2018 Bennington 23GSB. Can't wait to hit the lake and this will be a big help. I've been soaking in all the knowledge I can find.

SEMPER FI BROTHER! Enjoy that retirement!! I was one of the dumb ones ..... I kick myself in the arse everyday for not sticking it out. Looking back, the years have flown by ..... I’d have retired in 2003 ...... :(:(

Oh yeah, welcome to your “new family” and pics are MANDATORY ..... ;)

Weekend has passed and no pics!!!! What gives?

Thanks to Bob Sell @ F&S Yamaha & Marine for teaching me about the Quick Clip trick.

This is a video I made for using the quick clips, how to stow cover neatly by rolling, and unrolling for easy covering. Note: This is the way I've uncovered and covered for a couple years and it's pretty fast and simple, vs. balling up the cover then trying to figure out the front from the rear.

As I state in the video, if you don't have a side door zipper, get one installed. It makes a world of difference. 3-1/2 years of climbing in on hands and knees ..... no more. Now I can just stoop down, and walk in.

Just an FYI ... time to uncover and roll .... MAYBE 4-5 minutes. Time to unroll and cover, again MAYBE 4-5 minutes. If you roll it up as shown, there's no guesswork to unrolling. The rear is always at the outer edge of the roll with the puddle strap.

Is this the cover that comes standard with the boat?

If you are questioning the zipper or clips, to my knowledgeable, yes, it’s the standard cover.

Back