Informational video: Quick clip use and removing, stowing, opening and covering easily.

Any chance you could post a video on how to put the cover on. I am having a heck of a time putting it on. I just got the pontoon so I haven't had much practice yet, but I could sure use some advice...PLZ!! 2 of my front clips have broken..not sure how; hoping that I don't break any more.
Thank you!!

Here ya go!!

Last edited:
Thank you Semper Fi! Great help for all us new to this. My wife and I are getting the hang of this and it is really easy. Appreciate your help!

You’re quite welcome!!!!

I’ve edited and added the covering video to this thread instead of having two threads.

So, instead of only complaining about the design of the cover for swingbacks with keeper rails, I had local canvas/cover shop modify to go over the rails - plus the benefit of keeping the birds off the stern deck. Only added two snaps to the boat. All other connection points use buckles.

upload_2019-6-14_7-13-39.jpeg

Thanks to Bob Sell @ F&S Yamaha & Marine for teaching me about the Quick Clip trick.

This is a video I made for using the quick clips, how to stow cover neatly by rolling, and unrolling for easy covering. Note: This is the way I've uncovered and covered for years and it's pretty fast and simple, vs. balling up the cover then trying to figure out the front from the rear.

As I state in the video, if you don't have a side door zipper, get one installed. It makes a world of difference. 3-1/2 years of climbing in on hands and knees ..... no more. Now I can just stoop down, and walk in.

Just an FYI ... time to uncover and roll .... MAYBE 4-5 minutes. Time to unroll and cover, again MAYBE 4-5 minutes. If you roll it up as shown, there's no guesswork to unrolling. The rear is always at the outer edge of the roll with the puddle strap.

Great video

Thanks to Bob Sell @ F&S Yamaha & Marine for teaching me about the Quick Clip trick.

This is a video I made for using the quick clips, how to stow cover neatly by rolling, and unrolling for easy covering. Note: This is the way I've uncovered and covered for years and it's pretty fast and simple, vs. balling up the cover then trying to figure out the front from the rear.

As I state in the video, if you don't have a side door zipper, get one installed. It makes a world of difference. 3-1/2 years of climbing in on hands and knees ..... no more. Now I can just stoop down, and walk in.

Just an FYI ... time to uncover and roll .... MAYBE 4-5 minutes. Time to unroll and cover, again MAYBE 4-5 minutes. If you roll it up as shown, there's no guesswork to unrolling. The rear is always at the outer edge of the roll with the puddle strap.

This video changed my life as a BENNY owner! Fantastic!

This video is very helpful but I noticed that the cover in the video has more slack than my 2019 GSR. If they would have added a few more inches, it would be easier and the cover would have more slope to keep rain from gathering in low spots.

Thanks again.

Very helpful for unclipping the cover. I have a side dock and Getting it to clip on the non dock side of the boat is a the hardest part for me, lots of hanging over the side which is tricky after a day cruising and staying hydrated!

Thanks for all the tips and the video makes it easy to understand.

Our boat sits on a lift under our dock roof all year long. Even though it's under a roof, we get a lot of tree pollen, spiders and bugs on our cover and it's gets pretty dirty. I don't want to wash it off and take it off wet, so I have no choice but to take the cover off dirty.

Because of that I never roll the cover up. Rolling a cover up puts the dirty top side against the clean underside of the cover. Eventually the underside gets dirty and that dirt transfers to the seats when you put the cover back on the boat. I pull the back of the cover all the way forward essentially folding the cover in half length ways putting the dirty side to the dirty side. Then you can fold or roll it anyway you want and the dirty side will never touch the clean side.
I can walk all the way around the boat and I can lower or raise the boat to a convenient height when covering and uncovering it. I understand this method might not work on a trailer or sitting in the water.

I have snaps, not clips, and a dock on one side. I fold my cover in half (Dockside toward water - topside, dirty side against itself) ) after unsnapping the dock side. Then fold it to a quarter width, which is just the inside and clean. Rather than roll it I fold each end toward the center into a small package I can still wrap with the strap. It isn’t as small as Dave’s but plenty small enough to lift and store. I usually put it in the rear changing room which we just use as storage. The dirty and clean sides never touch.

Good video and great info on the clips. Wish I had seen it earlier since I already broke one.

Thanks

Thanks for the vid! We've had the boat a couple weeks now but ive been doing the crawl in the door technique and this looks more organized and easier!
Thanks Dave!

It finally dawned on me, as I only have access via the bow, I need to have a zipper added here and not on the side, duh. Now I need to find someone at the lake that can make this modification to the cover.

Thanks for the videos. Wish I had seen them before I tried covering for the first time yesterday. My port door is on the water side of my slip so the zipper there doesn’t help me. Because of that I also put the poles in as I went by section. It does make sense to leave them out until the end so I’ll try that next time and just crawl under. That should be fun.

Thanks for the videos. Wish I had seen them before I tried covering for the first time yesterday. My port door is on the water side of my slip so the zipper there doesn’t help me. Because of that I also put the poles in as I went by section. It does make sense to leave them out until the end so I’ll try that next time and just crawl under. That should be fun.

Poles in as you go makes the top taught and harder to clip on/off the rails. You need to have no tension for the clips to work easy.

As a follow-up, I found a local canvas shop at Smith Mountain Lake and had a three-foot zipper installed at the bow of the boat. Virginia Canvas did a great job, the zipper matched the original located on the port side. Finally able to get in without going to my knees.

Back