Informational video: Quick clip use and removing, stowing, opening and covering easily.

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
Thanks to Bob Sell @ F&S Yamaha & Marine for teaching me about the Quick Clip trick.

This is a video I made for using the quick clips, how to stow cover neatly by rolling, and unrolling for easy covering. Note: This is the way I've uncovered and covered for years and it's pretty fast and simple, vs. balling up the cover then trying to figure out the front from the rear.

As I state in the video, if you don't have a side door zipper, get one installed. It makes a world of difference. 3-1/2 years of climbing in on hands and knees ..... no more. Now I can just stoop down, and walk in.

Just an FYI ... time to uncover and roll .... MAYBE 4-5 minutes. Time to unroll and cover, again MAYBE 4-5 minutes. If you roll it up as shown, there's no guesswork to unrolling. The rear is always at the outer edge of the roll with the puddle strap.

Last edited:
Thanks Derrick. I only ever saw one video on the clips and it didn't explain how to easily use them. Once you get the "feel" for removing them, it's soooooo easy. Took me a couple times to get that feel, but I'd never go back to snaps now. Bow still has snaps, but that's no big deal. 

That was some good information.  I have been fighting those clips trying to find the secret to getting them unhooked.  I have never used that strap in the back yet and haven't had any problems with water sitting on the cover.  From your video, it looks like the strap goes over the bimini and then snaps to the cover.

Key thing is, GET THE TENSION OFF THE COVER, then pull as shown using corner of tab.

I loop my strap over the anchor light post. I looped over my bimini on last boat and after a couple years it wore a hole in my bimini cover. Luckily I saw it before it wore a hole in my bimini too. I have always used the strap. The water may or may not puddle without it, but very least, without it, water may puddle and soak through the cover and drip onto seats. Better safe than sorry. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Key thing is, GET THE TENSION OFF THE COVER, then pull as shown using corner of tab.

I loop my strap over the anchor light post. I looped over my bimini on last boat and after a couple years it wore a hole in my bimini cover. Luckily I saw it before it wore a hole in my bimini too. I have always used the strap. The water may or may not puddle without it, but very least, without it, water may puddle and soak through the cover and drip onto seats. Better safe than sorry. 

Thanks for the information.

Thanks for posting, great video.  Just launched  my Bennie three days ago so this is a great learning tool.  

Nice job Dave! Kudos to your production team as well! 

Nice job Dave! Kudos to your production team as well! 

Thanks Andy. I'll (we'll) be scheduling a tour and autograph signing this summer......  :lol:

That's the way I've always done mine, with exception to the rolling it up. I stand just in front of the bow gate, using it as a funnel to keep it uniform while rolling. And when I unroll, I stand in the back, hold onto the rear most piece, and toss it to the front, down the middle of the boat (on the deck rather than on the seats).

Thanks for posting the video I've been struggling with the clips almost to the point of regretting getting them. 

Thanks for posting the video I've been struggling with the clips almost to the point of regretting getting them. 

I felt the same way and was thinking about getting snaps installed!!

Not now!!

Sounds like a learning curve on the snaps. Maybe Bennington needs you to make a DVD starring Semperfi showing how to use the snaps and stow their covers. It could be given out by the dealers with the rest of the delivery paper work. What do you think everyone?

The smartest thing that Benningtons' marketing did was to start this forum. I see lots of good info and ideas come from this forum. Oh ya, good entertainment too!

Sounds like a learning curve on the snaps. Maybe Bennington needs you to make a DVD starring Semperfi showing how to use the snaps and stow their covers. It could be given out by the dealers with the rest of the delivery paper work. What do you think everyone?

The smartest thing that Benningtons' marketing did was to start this forum. I see lots of good info and ideas come from this forum. Oh ya, good entertainment too!

I always pictured Link in the lead role. The camera loves him!

I always pictured Link in the lead role. The camera loves him!

But it typically takes two hands, and he always has a Mich in one .....  :lol:

Nice job Semp and yes of course Panthergirl gets some credit too! 

Back