Innovative 2250GBR

• Thread starter Retired Team Member1
  • Start date
R

Retired Team Member1

We looked at some interesting "bar" designs and felt we could do it better by combining style, comfort, function and practical features...we're happy to introduce the new 2250GBR. Stern recliner seating at the bar can be used while underway and seats rotate fore/aft. Rotate the seats to stern and to watch the kids tubing. Rotate forward to use the bar area. Pressurized freshwater sink standard. Recessed illumination below the solid-surface counter standard.

No worries about boat house, bridge or trailering clearance since the quick-release bimini fits perfectly. Refrigerator, grill and privacy curtain optional.

2250GBR_bow.jpg

2250GBR_galley_CU.jpg

2250GBR_privacy2.jpg

2250GBR_to_bow.jpg

2250GBR_to_stern.jpg

Last edited:
That's pretty nice.

Hey, as long as y'all are trying different ideas, how about this...

You start with a rear-recliner/center-walkway boat that has both Port & Starboard doorways, pull out all the couches up front and replace them with reclining captain's chairs.

You may need to do that on a 28 footer to really do it right.

I'm picturing this on a I/O with a rear deck swim platform and ESP with center log storage.

I've yet to see a "bar" pulled off right on a boat. This one is pretty close. We have a bar in our house (a wrap-around "L" shaped bar that you can walk behind) and when we use it, there are ALWAYS two people standing behind the bar (on the bar tender side), and 4 or 5 on the "customer" side (that's how the space works out), so everyone can face each other and talk. The MAIN point is that everyone has to be able to FACE the group. On a boat, this is REALLY tough to pull off due to space constraints. Usually the bar layout has the people sitting at the bar, sitting alone.

I assume you can raise the seats up to "bar-height", which I think is 28 inches? If they do, that would be awesome. Then the two people in the bar chairs would have enough height to be part of the group in front of them. Otherwise, the bar is really just a wall that separates them. That would be one way to pull this off on a boat (make it so the two in the bar seats go really high, like a bar stool) since you pretty much have to have a regular couch seat in front of the bar (again, boat-space constraints).

If that's the case (and the seats go up to standard bar stool height of 28 inches), there's another problem. I don't see where your feet would go. You either have to have stools with bars connected to the seat post about 6-8 inches from the deck for your feet, OR you need a foot rail on the bar itself (again, 6-8 inches from the deck).

One thing I really like is that you made the bar table pretty narrow. It doesn't need to be "deep". I think how you have it is PERFECT. One problem I see is people tend to lean on our bar at our house. We have scalloped oak "arm-rails" on our bar. Makes it comfy to sit and lean into the bar. The granite looks a little sharp to lean on. Needs a pad, or a rail or something. Something to think about.

The counter tops look great! Great design. If you had an option for darker granite to match the teak table, that's what I would buy. One other thing - That taller counter top section right behind the helm BEGS for a sink. I'm talking a regular bar sink. Stainless steel with a stainless steel faucet. I see the sink (barely) that you incorporated at the end of the bar, but the section behind the helm would work better. You could make the sink bigger over there that way. Then put a refrigerator under it!

One other thing that I've NEVER seen on a pontoon is instead of a bow seat, a port door seat. A lot of boats seem to separate the front of the boat from the back of the boat, and a side-door seat option might work to merge them. Again, I've never seen this done, so if you guys think it's worth while to think about, you guys can run with it. See what you think.

I really like what you've done so far!

I've looked at all the "bar" boats. The Bennie version is nice, but the South Bay version is spot on. Personally, I prefer the bar stool seating to the recliners, but that's JMHO.

Glad to see BM in the hunt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've looked at all the "bar" boats. The Bennie version is nice, but the South Bay version is spot on. Personally, I prefer the bar stool seating to the recliners, but that's JMHO.

Glad to see BM in the hunt.
Yeah, we took the "family" and "practicality" approach on this one. It seemed a waste of space to use bar stools that cannot be used while the boat is underway; and also a bit risky, especially if people use the bar for its "true" intention! We have a few more ideas on the drawing board, as well.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, we took the "family" and "practicality" approach on this one. It seemed a waste of space to use bar stools that cannot be used while the boat is underway; and also a bit risky, especially if people use the bar for its "true" intention! We have a few more ideas on the drawing board, as well.

Thanks for the feedback.
We are party boaters with no kids and i would love to see a nice bar setup but i have to agree with TB. Unless you're parked the seating doesn't work well on that South Bay

On about page 6 of the March PDB magazine, Premier has a "bar boat" that is done exactly right, in my mind. It's very similar to the setup we have in our house. If you go to their website, look at their boat called "Great Entertainer". There are about a dozen photos of it. It has it all - Wrap around "L" shaped bar, a counter top behind the main bar that contains a grill, a refrigerator, a stainless steel sink. The bar has a foot rail, even a canopy with stemware holders. THAT is how you do a bar boat.

Would I buy that boat? No. Doesn't look at all practical for towing kids on tubes and stuff like that. Although it has a ski/tow bar, I'm not sure it would be very practical to use. However, if you entertained adults exclusively, especially dock-side, this would be a really fun boat to have.

Just pointing this out because it's by far the best "bar boat" layout I've seen.

Kaydano is correct the Premier Entertainer is a great boat. We saw it at the show, again not practical but in a few years I would look at somthing like that.

I have looked at the GBR at 2 boat shows now and have talked to Jason Call at both shows and it is a great thought but not thought out enough on Benningtons part. they went and made a 22 GBR with a full bar and no changing room what were they thinking". another dislike is that the grill just sits on the counter where as every other manufacture that is making bar boats is either sinking them in the counter or mounting them so that they do not fall off the boat while underway

as far as the chairs at the bar Bennington made the right choice, it is way more comfy than any other bar boat

these are just my thoughts after spending a couple hrs with this boat

Ron

Was at a boat show this past weekend. Saw bar setups from Bennington, Godfrey and South Bay. All had pluses and minuses. IMO although most seemed most impressed with the South Bay Bennington's was the best in the fact that the bar did not dominate the boat as others did.

Although we drink on the boat it is usually while crusing, not bay tie ups; our association beach is wher we hardcore party with our neighbors therefore I am glad we went the tradional seating rather than any other style. I will admit the tradional is the LEAST sexiest look of all the styles, for looks alone I think the rear facing lounges [single and double] are the best look. They just don't fit our needs as much which is the reason why Bennington has so many style offers

my favorite is the 2550gsr. IMO seems to give the most flexability of use, of the bar boat selections available. I love all the counter space in the middle of the boat rather than on the end. I .usually put out all the goodies on the countertop and will make access from both sides more comfortable.  maintaining port and starboard gates was another plus on this boat. only wish there was a 12v plug on the bar for a DC blender. .I ordered my boat on oct 7th and I am getting very anxious for delivery. I am a bit of a traditionalist and opted for full teak seagrass floor covering. my next decision is whether or not to get a second bimini. I boat in Florida mostly in the winter but april and may can get very hot.  

Back