Install ski tow bar

Red?  Is this a trick question?

Actually, I don't believe you can use the tow "bar" for skiing (at least that's what my dealer to us) as it was only designed for tubing. If you want to ski, you need the pylon, again according to my dealer.

Sorry, but can't answer your initial question.

Does that mean if I have the ski pylon I can't tow a tube?

I made it clear that we needed to be able to do both (ski/wakeboard & tube) and I was told the pylon was the only way to do that. So, yes, it is my understanding that you can tow a tube using the pylon.

So, you pay $700 for a tow bar and you can't use it for skiing, but you can buy a $200 Pylon and pull anything. No brainer, there.

I have never heard the bar cannot be used to tow a skier. Isn't that why it's called a "ski tow"?

I have never heard the bar cannot be used to tow a skier. Isn't that why it's called a "ski tow"?

Yup, you are absolutely correct that Bennington calls it a "ski tow bar" so I would assume you can do that and any other water sports with it. So, please excuse my previous comments stating the contrary. I must have misunderstood what my sales person was telling me! 

BTW, it looks like the tow bar is not an option on my build so the $881 pylon was it. 

$881, when you can buy them for $200 at iBoats? They most likely charge an arm and a leg to install, which doesn't surprise me at all. 

My dad needed a remote for his Toyota SUV. We called the dealership, and they were going to charge $109 for the ONE remote and another $100 to program it.

I ordered a pack of two from Amazon, programmed them myself, and the total cost to my dad was $31.00 for the TWO of them. I don't see how some of these people go to sleep at night!

Last edited by a moderator:
We've skied behind our boat with the tow bar, tubed, knee boarded etc. No issues.

I have the vertical ski bar on mine and not only have I not had any issues with my wife pulling me on 1 ski behind it, we just bought a huge triple seater tube and have had zero issues pulling that as well.

Back