Installed powered sub today

Michiman, as for the high level speaker connection for auto turn on, I also only connected it to one speaker but connected it to both left and right inputs on the sub. I’m not sure if you have to but it worked for me.
Renegade, thanks for the suggestion. At this point, I'll try anything! This really isn't rocket science so I thought I'd be up and running quickly but now I've got several hours and plenty of frustration and nothing to show for it.

I purchased the RF P300 last week so you must be referring to another unit.
Before I purchased mine Amazon said the same thing. Waited a week and they were available.

I looked yesterday, Amazon only had 12". Google shopping revealed many different places with the 10" available.

Renegade, thank you for the idea to install this powered subwoofer!

It turns out that although I don't need both the left and right channels, the sub won't turn on without both of them being hooked up. Exasperated that I couldn't get my unit to work, I took the right (+) wire and connected it to the left (+) and did the same for the negative wires and it turned on!

And oh my, what a huge difference it made to my stereo sound! That RF P300 really packs a punch whether I'm cruising across the lake or sitting at the sandbar. As the other guys that have recently installed one have indicated, this is a cheap way to easily improve your system!

I looked yesterday, Amazon only had 12". Google shopping revealed many different places with the 10" available.
Jim, I went with the 12" and you probably can, too. It's not that much bigger.

Right on! Glad to hear that you got it working!!

Looks like I’m gonna jump on the band waggon. With a few clicks one is showing up. I must admit I feel like I’m short cutting with a powerd sub. :) I was supposed to install a total system in the Q but just never got around to it. All I did was install the Sony MEX-BT100 and call it a day. I have been happy with the sound. But the other day the wife said What’s the delay how come NO BASS. So that’s when I saw this thread. I am gonna throw the sub under the helm. Fingers crossed it will sit with it’s back against the fence and the sub will fire OUT towards the door for the helm. I think I can even squeeze a 10 inch version under the sink behind the driver. So if this thing sounds good I might end up with a 10 and a 12 version of it?

It would be interesting to hear people’s thoughts on the Wetsounds Powerd 10 inch sub ($650) vs the $200 Rockford 12 inch sub. Derick did you have the Wetsounds sub in your boat?

Mr. G, can't help you with the comparison between the two but I think you'd really have to have them set up next to each other. I was a bit skeptical but I figured for the money involved, if it didn't sound good I could always give it away. That said, the RF P300 has totally exceeded my expectations, just like the other guys have said. I've got a 2574 so there is definitely some distance to cover and this unit does it very well, even at speed. Did I mention that I'm super happy with the results? Oh, your wife won't be asking about the bass anymore...

Looks like I’m gonna jump on the band waggon. With a few clicks one is showing up. I must admit I feel like I’m short cutting with a powerd sub. :) I was supposed to install a total system in the Q but just never got around to it. All I did was install the Sony MEX-BT100 and call it a day. I have been happy with the sound. But the other day the wife said What’s the delay how come NO BASS. So that’s when I saw this thread. I am gonna throw the sub under the helm. Fingers crossed it will sit with it’s back against the fence and the sub will fire OUT towards the door for the helm. I think I can even squeeze a 10 inch version under the sink behind the driver. So if this thing sounds good I might end up with a 10 and a 12 version of it?
I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the sound the speaker will produce.
I love mine. Installed it under the front facing swing back bench. Not a whole bunch of things under there to rattle while the sub is doing it’s thing.

On the inside of the boat you can’t hear any rattle. She. You get out in the water on the speaker side you can hear some rattling.

Only caution I’d give you by installing under the helm is that I’ve heard it rattlesallot in there

Enjoy.

It would be interesting to hear people’s thoughts on the Wetsounds Powerd 10 inch sub ($650) vs the $200 Rockford 12 inch sub. Derick did you have the Wetsounds sub in your boat?
Yes, I'm just trying to remember if I ever heard it without the two in my loungers, and actually I don't think so!! Haha, nothing was hooked up when I got my boat. The deck had power and some 6.5's were wired, but I told them not to bother with the power because I was running my own. It was a great unit though, never really turned it up too loud (that sub, the other ones had LOTS of juice!!)

I've never heard the Wetsounds sub but I've been involved with car audio for over 25 years as both an enthusiast and an installer so I've heard plenty of systems along the way. Don't let the value price of the P300 make you think that it isn't high quality as it would compete with powered subs at any price point in my opinion. That's why I was so happy to originally post it on this site. If I would've paid $800 for it I probably wouldn't even of bothered to post it because it darn well better perform when spending that much. What pleasantly surprised me was the ease of install and the very reasonable price (though I have seen it advertised as high as $650).

Sounds great: I have been seeing the Rockford Powerd subs Used onnC-list and other sites like (let go and offer up) for as low as $70-120. So if this single 12 works out as good as everyone says then I will defiantly check out a 2nd one, to place under the sink. Disclaimer, I have very low expations, so I’m sure I’m gonnna happy. I for the most part have I been happy with the completely stock system, I have been a “Bass Head” and installer/frabicator for years & for some strange reason I just never got around to the pontoon boat.
It is nice to get in my wake boat (photo below) with 8400 Watts 4-JL W-7 12s. I always told myself if I want some bass just take out my other boat. LOL.

Attachments

• A5222701-33F8-47CE-A6EA-73FB3AF6A678.jpeg
    A5222701-33F8-47CE-A6EA-73FB3AF6A678.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 70
It is nice to get in my wake boat (photo below) with 8400 Watts 4-JL W-7 12s. I always told myself if I want some bass just take out my other boat. LOL.
Holy booming bass, Batman!! Mr. G, you're obviously coming from a whole nother perspective when it comes to sound. Thus, while you may likely be unimpressed, I think the majority will be.

Yes 2 completely different sides of the spectrum. However I still can be impressed by small efficient stuff. It’s nice to find things that quickly install and go into your stock Bennington like the Sony MEX BT100 or this Rockford sub

Sounds great: I have been seeing the Rockford Powerd subs Used onnC-list and other sites like (let go and offer up) for as low as $70-120. So if this single 12 works out as good as everyone says then I will defiantly check out a 2nd one, to place under the sink. Disclaimer, I have very low expations, so I’m sure I’m gonnna happy. I for the most part have I been happy with the completely stock system, I have been a “Bass Head” and installer/frabicator for years & for some strange reason I just never got around to the pontoon boat.

We put a 15" SSA sub and 2 SSA 1000w amps powering it into the cousins Toyota Tundra! We hit 140db and still had 5 volume notches to go, he turned it down and said, "that's enough" I wanted to sit outside the truck and turn the stereo up those last few with the remote to see what the peak on the dB meter would be, but he was right, it was definitely loud enough! :)

Back