Installed powered sub today

I know what you're saying but I think you'll have to do some testing to get your answer unless somebody comes up with a wiring diagram for the swingback, specifically with the stern speakers.
My guess is that the stern and rear speakers are 8 ohm and the front are 4 ohm. You'd have to verify that with a multimeter. I say that because if they are 4 ohm, like most car/boat audio speakers, and they just spliced them together then they'd be running at a 2 ohm load and most head units aren't rated for 2 ohm loads. That would be the first thing that I'd determine if you want to rewire it to the way that you say.
As for splicing into a speaker for signal, you'll want to run it off of one that will be on all of the time. If you do rewire your system so that the stern speakers won't always be on then you'll have to tie into a different speaker. Also, for the sub, it doesn't need signal from front and rear or even left and right, for that matter, as it is mono (the amp on the sub will require signal to left and right but that can be fed from a left, right, or both and will work just fine).

Last edited:
5DE8632B-910C-4E8D-A581-1B66A5C88C56.png I also have the swingback layout with the stern speakers. I could not find the splice under the helm. But I did find out that the purple, purple black and green, green black are wired directly to the stern speakers. The white, white black are running to the left side interior speakers and the gray, gray black are running to the both right interior speakers. Also the KMC10 head unit will not fully fade from front to rear or vice versa.

Also the KMC10 head unit will not fully fade from front to rear or vice versa.

What???? It doesn't have a full fade?? Just a slight fade?? Haha I'd that's the case the wife will deal with it lol. She's listening to tunes with bass docked or underway lol

I think the best solution to the problem is to get the sub hooked up, crank it up, and crack a cold beverage :cool:

What???? It doesn't have a full fade?? Just a slight fade?? Haha I'd that's the case the wife will deal with it lol. She's listening to tunes with bass docked or underway lol
Yep it doesn’t fully fade. I have the 4 interior speakers running off the front RCA’s and the 2 sterns off the rear RCA’s. The new KMC100 supposedly will fully fade but not the KMC10.

View attachment 25201 I also have the swingback layout with the stern speakers. I could not find the splice under the helm. But I did find out that the purple, purple black and green, green black are wired directly to the stern speakers. The white, white black are running to the left side interior speakers and the gray, gray black are running to the both right interior speakers. Also the KMC10 head unit will not fully fade from front to rear or vice versa.

If it's wired as you say then the stern speakers are wired to rear and the 4 interior speakers are wired to the front. If that's the case then if you fade fully to the rear then all 4 interior speakers should be off with only stern speakers on. If you fade all the way to the front then you should have the interior speakers on with the stern speakers off.
It's pretty strange that it wouldn't fully fade. I was just reading the manual and it doesn't mention not being able to. It just says "adjustment is from front 10 to rear 10".

Last edited:
If it's wired as you say then the stern speakers are wired to rear and the 4 interior speakers are wired to the front. If that's the case then if you fade fully to the rear then all 4 interior speakers should be off with only stern speakers on. If you fade all the way to the front then you should have the interior speakers on with the stern speakers off.
It's pretty strange that it wouldn't fully fade. I was just reading the manual and it doesn't mention not being able to.
I called kicker about this and they confirmed the kmc10 doesn’t fully fade

Hmm interesting re; The fade

As for the speakers for the Rockford, I'll be pulling from a LEFT and a RIGHT speaker when tapping in. Soooo.. I'll tap into FRONT LEFT and REAR RIGHT.

That way.. no matter where I fade I'm still getting full sub

BOOM!

Last edited:
View attachment 25201 I also have the swingback layout with the stern speakers. I could not find the splice under the helm. But I did find out that the purple, purple black and green, green black are wired directly to the stern speakers. The white, white black are running to the left side interior speakers and the gray, gray black are running to the both right interior speakers. Also the KMC10 head unit will not fully fade from front to rear or vice versa.

Soooo. Given all that information.. how did you wire the stern speakers separately? Did you re run wires??

Soooo. Given all that information.. how did you wire the stern speakers separately? Did you re run wires??
I did run 2 separate sets of speaker wires from the helm back to the back of the boat thinking that was how I was going to have to separate them. But the purple, purple black wires go to the right stern speaker and green, green black wires go to the left stern speaker. I guess I could add some additional speakers back there some day.

But I did find out that the purple, purple black and green, green black are wired directly to the stern speakers. The white, white black are running to the left side interior speakers and the gray, gray black are running to the both right interior speakers.

So from reading above.. is it already setup as such?? As in the Stern speakers are on their own channel per say? And that the four inside cabin speakers are on their own Channel??

Am I understanding this correctly?

So from reading above.. is it already setup as such?? As in the Stern speakers are on their own channel per say? And that the four inside cabin speakers are on their own Channel??

Am I understanding this correctly?
Yes that is how mine was originally wired. Do you have an amp in your set up?

Yes that is how mine was originally wired. Do you have an amp in your set up?

Interesting... Hmm.. I just have the kicker upgrade with light up speakers and the rear Stern light up speaker upgrade.. along with the kicker mc10 receiver.

For now... Until I add the subwoofer. I haven't taken delivery of my boat yet or I'd just indirect myself lol

To clarify.. for the swing back model, with the rear light up Stern Speaker grille.. what color are the wires for the 2 speakers in the rear grille??

Left +
Left -
Right +
Right -

Is it the green / green black
Purple / purple Black?

Tackling this install tomorrow!

Haven't started the sub install yet. But man these stock 6 kicker speakers with the Stern back grill and the kmc-10 are super super quiet. On Bluetooth. Hmmm

Haven't started the sub install yet. But man these stock 6 kicker speakers with the Stern back grill and the kmc-10 are super super quiet. On Bluetooth. Hmmm
Did you turn the volume up from your phone?

View attachment 22512 View attachment 22513 I installed a Rockford Fosgate PS300-12 powered sub today. It couldn’t have went any better. It’s so easy with the swingback as there’s tons of room under the huge lounger. The best part is that the batteries are right there for power and I have the stern speakers so I was able to steal signal from them. Plus with this sub you don’t even need a remote wire from the head unit so there’s no wires to run at all. Everything you need is right at the back. Super simple and sounds great!

Well I got the boat today.. was ready to install this Rockford sub.. and when I opened the swing back front.. I noticed.. the Yamaha fuel / water filter tower thing was installed smack dab in the center.. can barely fit the sub in there now.. grr. Certainly not on the side that Renegade put it.. Mayne on the other side.? Wondering if it might fit in the back of the swing back.. Where the changing room thing is.?.

Well I got the boat today.. was ready to install this Rockford sub.. and when I opened the swing back front.. I noticed.. the Yamaha fuel / water filter tower thing was installed smack dab in the center.. can barely fit the sub in there now.. grr. Certainly not on the side that Renegade put it.. Mayne on the other side.? Wondering if it might fit in the back of the swing back.. Where the changing room thing is.?.

Can you move your separator?

Back