Interesting product

prd2hnt

Reaction score
$28.95 for a bottle opener ? :eek: Glad I dont allow glass on our boat 

https://www.boattimeproducts.com/product-page/boat-time-bottle-opener

412c23_14c40eb64b5647339dad23d0892b6700~mv2_d_2560_1440_s_2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to get a 3d printer and see what we could cook up.

But it has their logo on it.....

Fender clips aren't cheap either......

Guys, this bottle opener has a tough plastic coating that won't damage the finish on your boat should you drop it.  Last time I dropped a bottle opener on my boat it crashed through the floor, punctured the fuel tank and hit a metal fitting as is did. This caused a massive explosion that sank my boat.  I'm picking up a dozen or so...don't want that happening again.  :eek:

I actually like the design of the fender clips. If I could get 4 for $24.95, I might consider them.

I guess it'll have to be twist off for our boat! And I rarely need to use fenders. So I'll just tie them off. Oh well, the money saved will go to gas. :lol:

Just looked at the website. The price for the bottle opener has been reduced to $18.82. I am buying two now. :cool:

Last edited:
lol, reef sandals... the perfect way to get sand in your beer... Someone had a pair once and from what I can remember it didn't work very well because of the sand/dirt on the bottom. I had a pair once with the opener on top of the flip flop... but don't think I ever used it... cans/no glass preferred on board but not mandatory.

I've got reef sandals and love them. But, I'll always dip them in the water before using the bottle opener on the bottom!

I typically have a no glass rule on the boat but we have frequent guests that generously being nice things for all of us to enjoy. I'm not comfortable banning an expensive bottle of wine, champagne or high demand craft beer when someone I invited brings it as a gesture of friendship for us all to enjoy. Still, no glass is a good policy.

We generally have a no glass policy, but my kids got some of these for me that look like water bottles. Bottom screws off to insert the bottle and with lid on it completely covers the bottle. Lid has a gasket in it to seal bottles after they are opened and an opener attached. They are insulated.image.jpg

lol, reef sandals... the perfect way to get sand in your beer... Someone had a pair once and from what I can remember it didn't work very well because of the sand/dirt on the bottom. I had a pair once with the opener on top of the flip flop... but don't think I ever used it... cans/no glass preferred on board but not mandatory.
Well, we are talking about being out on a boat, so where oh where could we find something that could give a quick rinse, hmmmm. Haha, doesn't matter to me, I live in Canada, where no alcohol is allowed on the boat for anyone, plus I don't drink beer. Although it did come in handy one time in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan for opening a coke bottle!

Back