Interior lights

GFK

Reaction score
Hello, we just bought our first Bennington - a 22' ssx  premium.  The only thing I'm not thrilled with is the interior lighting.  It only has 1 small light unless I do a major upgrade to the speakers/radio.  Can anyone provide a little guidance on what I can do to add some interior lights for those evening cruises?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!!

Are you handy with minor electrical work? You could install a couple mood lights in the seat bases and there's probably an available switch on the helm to use for control. Shouldn't be hard to do. Most time will be spent running the wiring. 

Also, did you check to see if your Bimini has the led light option?

Last edited by a moderator:
By chance do you have the kicker speakers in your boat?  If so some of them light up with a blueish/purple light when you flip the "mood light" switch on the helm.  Not sure what all switches you have on the helm of your ssx but ours is on the right side of the wheel....next to anchor and nav light switch if I remember correctly.

Some great comments so far. I know some on this board have also installed LED light strips on the seat bases. Congratulations and welcome! Pictures when you have a chance would be nice. 

Thanks for the notes... I spoke to my dealer and they also had some great suggestions! Looking forward to adding some lights and taking some evening cruises.  Boat arrives in April!

Just remember as the lighting is nice at night it also attracts the bugs.  

Just remember as the lighting is nice at night it also attracts the bugs.  

And your night vision. Make sure it's indirect glow type lighting. 

Back