Is this a great idea or what. Found on Facebook, Bennington pontoon owners

Mike31406

Reaction score
4587F6DB-F811-4F7C-9131-BEEEDD74495D.png

Saw that too. It's a great idea...somebody should be making those.

That is a great idea! I would buy one. Anyone know if these are commercially available?

I own a small CNC machine.... My boat is currently being built but I can probably start looking into producing some of these once my boat comes in and I can get dimensions. Poly is expensive stuff and not the most fun to mill out but worth looking into if the interest is great

Just realized he doesn't have the tow bar, which would interfere with this, so it would have to be modified.

Attachments

• IMG_0804.jpg
    IMG_0804.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 61
Oooops, I forgot and tilted my engine.

He posted a few more pics with the engine tilted up too.

Attachments

• C71704FF-01C0-4A2C-868F-79809294101A.jpeg
    C71704FF-01C0-4A2C-868F-79809294101A.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 149
  • 2E456617-AF8A-4D1A-8075-014D051C75AB.jpeg
    2E456617-AF8A-4D1A-8075-014D051C75AB.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
I own a small CNC machine.... My boat is currently being built but I can probably start looking into producing some of these once my boat comes in and I can get dimensions. Poly is expensive stuff and not the most fun to mill out but worth looking into if the interest is great
I am interested!

Just realized he doesn't have the tow bar, which would interfere with this, so it would have to be modified.
If you have the ski pylon it won't be a problem.

I saw these in another post on this forum. I am thinking about purchasing a couple and trying to cut them and modify as needed. If I do it I will post my results.

I saw these in another post on this forum. I am thinking about purchasing a couple and trying to cut them and modify as needed. If I do it I will post my results.
I posted these. They would be a good option as they snap together, but you'll need a base similar to the one that he made to support them. Let me know what you come up with.

I have a tow bar so it would be a different layout. I also feel like my Yamaha takes up some of that space when I have it out of the water.

I made one out of plywood years ago for my dog , She goes up and down her ladder on the other side. I didn't paint it i just keep it tucked away when were not anchored out.

I was following the replies on this post in FB. I like it and would like one. He crafted it himself. Took 1 sheet of King Starboard, 3/4” thick from BoatOutfitters (link below). He CNC cut and created the aluminum under structure. He said they have more color choices that show up on that web page if you call, and that the color “Buckskin” was what he used as it matched the door to his in-tube storage locker led. It is also the same material as the in-toon storage locker led. The Starboard is cost effective to buy +/- $25.00 for 1 sheet. Not sure on aluminum, but its not a lot if you look at the pictures in the above post.

I don’t have the ability to craft this, but would 100% buy one if someone else started making them. I am tempted to put together a template, just buy the Starboard and try to find someone around our cottage to custom make it for me.

King Starboard from Boat Outfitters

It will only work on a engine that the pivot pin is behind the transom. Our Mercury 150 pivots insides the well and all the steering and wires and fuel lines are in the engine well. thumbnail (1).jpgthumbnail.jpg

I used some king starboard for my trolling motor mount. You can buy it in homedepot down here.

Back