It's build day!!

Carlson80

Reaction score
My question to those that have recently had their pontoon built, what is the timeframe for delivery? My dealer says it takes one day to build and it possibly could be out on the road tomorrow, delivered Thursday if all of the pontoons are built for their order (best case). I have my fingers crossed to have it for this weekend, but I am thinking mid next week is more probable. He said when they get it in they will get it ready to go right away. I'm a little excited :) Thanks everyone!

It also depends if your dealer has a full load and the distance to travel .Then most likely a day or 2 for rigging

It also depends if your dealer has a full load and the distance to travel .Then most likely a day or 2 for rigging
He does have a full load that is all being built today. Crossing my fingers! The dealership is a 10 hour drive from the factory.

Brings you back to being a kid on Christmas Eve huh

Depends on model. Mine took 2 days to build, was at my dealer in a week (south central Pa)

Nothing better than knowing it is built and on the way.

Our build was about a day and a week for delivery to the marina. Had to wait on the trailer for 3 weeks after the boat got to the marina. Talk about agonizing, boat is built ready to go and the trailer is what was holding us up.
The trailer and boat were ordered the same week!

Didn't realize it only took a day to build these things! What's the rush??? Ha!

Our build was about a day and a week for delivery to the marina. Had to wait on the trailer for 3 weeks after the boat got to the marina. Talk about agonizing, boat is built ready to go and the trailer is what was holding us up.
The trailer and boat were ordered the same week!
That’s frustrating!! My dealer will be delivering. My trailer is coming in September. Biggest holdup is my motor. Dealer said he will get me on the water and it may not be with motor I ordered possibly due to back orders. If that happens he will swap it out in off season. I love our dealer. They are doing everything they can for us!!

That’s frustrating!! My dealer will be delivering. My trailer is coming in September. Biggest holdup is my motor. Dealer said he will get me on the water and it may not be with motor I ordered possibly due to back orders. If that happens he will swap it out in off season. I love our dealer. They are doing everything they can for us!!
Wow that is an awesome dealer.

When we picked up our boat, they told us that if you were to order a trailer today it may take up to 17 weeks to get the trailer, 17 WEEKS!!! That was for a particular (very popular) aluminum style trailer. The other trailer companies I heard are around 10-15 weeks.

Wow that is an awesome dealer.

When we picked up our boat, they told us that if you were to order a trailer today it may take up to 17 weeks to get the trailer, 17 WEEKS!!! That was for a particular (very popular) aluminum style trailer. The other trailer companies I heard are around 10-15 weeks.
I agree! Frontier Marine & Powersports in Fergus Falls, MN is amazing! A dealer can make any pontoon buying experience good or bad regardless of the brand. We are getting just a steel basic tritoon bunk trailer with tandem axle and LED lights since we only trailer two times a year (Spring and Fall) or if we need to bring it in for service if something happens that the dealer can not fix on the water. That is a crazy wait for a trailer but it does not surprise me with all the backlog in the boating industry with the high demand.

I agree! Frontier Marine & Powersports in Fergus Falls, MN is amazing! A dealer can make any pontoon buying experience good or bad regardless of the brand. We are getting just a steel basic tritoon bunk trailer with tandem axle and LED lights since we only trailer two times a year (Spring and Fall) or if we need to bring it in for service if something happens that the dealer can not fix on the water. That is a crazy wait for a trailer but it does not surprise me with all the backlog in the boating industry with the high demand.
Agreed on Frontier! They’re been great to work with from the initial purchase on. We bought our boat (2013 2375 GCW ESP, 150 Yammy, Sea Legs) there 4 years ago with 78 hours on it, just over 240 now. The service department has been great on warranty issues including 2 different Sea Leg leaks where they got me in and out on the same day. It’s definitely a pleasure working with a great dealer! Enjoy the new boat!!

Back