It's too hot!

Geoffrey & Brenda

Reaction score
WOW it's blazing hot in our area! High 90's- lower 100's, mid 40% humidity. Really too hot to go to the lake, you have to find cool spots in the water, otherwise even the water is hot. We now have a blue-green algea alert, the Corps has issued a swimming ban and closed the swimming areas. They have also advised not to let your pets in the water, particularly dogs as it can make them very sick. How are conditions for the rest of you out there? I know some of you south of us,[OK,TX] have had some brutal weather as well. The good news is that after this week we should get a cooling trend, back to mid to upper 80's, hope to get back out there next weekend!

Went to Truman last weekend. Temps about the same, water temp 88 kept trying to find cold spots in the water. Still our season is too short so I go regardless of weather. No Blue / Green at Truman please please keep it at Perry. :D

Wow that is pretty hot Geoffrey. Wife just returned from a trip from St Louis yesterday and she said it was brutal. 114 degrees with the heat index. The temps are going up here on the east coast tomorrow. Still, if I was out on the Bennie, I wouldn't complain. Especially with a cold one in hand.

Even more brutal up here in ND, mid to upper 90's with 85% humidity 80 *f dew point, heat index is 116*f a bit ago. And dead calm which is really rare for here during the day time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heck ya it's hot!!! Heat index was about 115 a couple of weeks ago. This week it's around 105 or so but...I remember when it was 10 and 20 degrees just a few short months ago and we were dying to put the boat in the water. Come on Friday/Saturday!! :D

Back