Joining the Bennington Family

Okie Dave

Reaction score
I just ordered a 2012 Bennington Q2575 I/O with the Mercrusier 8.2 HO and looking forward to joining the bennington family about the middle of Dec. Anyone have this boat engine combo? Interested in performance of the boat.

Hi Okie Dave, welcome to the Club, you'll find lots of friendly folks on here, and lots of helpful info. As far as the performance of your new Q, that's a bit out of my leauge, i have a 20SLi. I have no doubt that you will be very pleased with the luxury and performance of your new toy. Post up some pics when you get her home, we'd love to see it :)

Hello Okie Dave. Wow I'm sure that will be a nice set up. A big block in Q that should get you to mid 50s. By your screen name I would guess you boat in Oklahaoma. The only lake I've ever been to OK was Grand Lake of the Cherokees. Nice lake but lots of big boats.

Thanks everyone for the welcome.I boat on Lake Eufuala in Oklahoma. Grand Lake is pretty, but to small for all the big boats they have. I have the 8.2 in a Chaparral boat and love it, but we have wanted a pontoon for a couple of years and took the plunge. I am sure the 350 mag would've been fine and almost went that way, but their is just something about a big block.

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Bennington forum. Cannot wait to see your boat and please post pictures when you get it. We have not seen many Q's yet and certainly none with a big block. Congrats and keep us informed.

Welcome to the forum. Another Oklahoma boater. Ok, I don't live in Oklahoma, but I do boat there. My boat sits at Foss Reservoir. Not nearly as big as Eufaula, but still a nice little lake for Western Oklahoma. As a kid, I spent a lot of time on Eufaula as I have relatives living in Eastern Oklahoma.

A Q will be a cool boat to have. Especially with the big block.

Now, if anticipation don't get the best of you, you will enjoy the boat before you know it.

Good luck,

andy

A man after my own heart.

Now all you need is a Procharger. :)

Back