Just Another Day

ssc

Reaction score
Another hobby is biking. I ride both modern and vintage bikes. So a few of us hit the beach yesterday for a day of riding, photography and people watching. It was a brisk 84. Went from Balboa to Huntington Beach for lunch. Then enjoyed the sights. As sunset neared, we rode to a place that I like to watch and if nice, photograph the setting sun.

I have tried to attached a few pics. Maybe someone can explain why small jpegs won't load. It says they are too big. I will put them under my library with signature. The Island in the background is Catalina Island. It is approximately 22 miles off the coast. We have a home there and used to have a small Bertram fishing boat that we kept at the Island. Lots of great memories boating there and going back and forth.

As we were riding to Newport Beach for dinner, someone said, "Somewhere someone is shoveling snow."

Cheers, Steve

By the way, nice pics !!!

"As we were riding to Newport Beach for dinner, someone said, "Somewhere someone is shoveling snow."

Well the shovel hasn't been used yet 

But 

The Geese Are Going To Be Chilly Tonight 

66464400.jpg

Thanks for the info on posting pics. I'll give it a try. Pittsburgh, that pic sent a chill down my spine. :D

Cheers, Steve

Steve,

I am hoping the west coast is drenched this winter season with heavy rain and heavier snow in the mountains

The water situation out there is difficult, the best climate in the world is complicated by too many people.

Enjoy every sunrise and sunset, they are one of life's daily miracle

57931530.jpg

Reactions: ssc
I'll post a pic of my bikes.

We need some rain. We have restrictions on Catalina. We have had more rain in Havasu than CA. Don't even get me started about too many people among all the other issues and problems in CA. There is a reason I live part time in Arizona and hope to live there full time within a year. It is a shame as I was born and raised in So Cal. It really was a great place to grow up. Indeed as to your quote.

"Enjoy every sunrise and sunset, they are one of life's daily miracle"

I lived in CA Contra Costa County (San Francisco East Bay ) , San Diego Mission Bay LaJolla , Mojave, Placerville and others.

I never enjoyed the high cost of living or the water restrictions, but it is CA

Here of course in Pittsburgh a very low cost of living and plenty of water (lol)

Was in Walnut Creek a year ago and watched Mt Diablo burn .

So here's hoping for a wet winter for the western states and a mild winter in the east

94687663.jpg

Burgh_thing.jpg

Back