Just bought a 22SSRXPDN - Now What?

I jinxed myself and had to bust out the boat hook to free my fishing lure from a dock recently!! I'm happy I had it aboard.

Remember to keep your trolling motor charged .... you know, for when you bust on my 20 ..... LOL!!!!!

Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!!!

We've had that exact one for 5 years... It's come in handy docking in the wind more than a few times... Wide open boat ramps here in central Oregon with a crosswind can be more than tricky... Telescopes down to just 3 feet or so and she sets right at the side of the helm... Also have retrieved the dog once and a few ball caps...

The way our dock is set up, the prevailing wind pushes me away from the dock. It was a real crap show watching me dock, until I got the hook!!!!:D:D:D

The way our dock is set up, the prevailing wind pushes me away from the dock. It was a real crap show watching me dock, until I got the hook!!!!:D:D:D

Depending on your dock set up ... a little trick I use. I’m on an end dock so it’s easy for me to do. I pull in as close as possible even at a 45 degree angle if need be, first mate ties off port bow cleat, and I put in idle reverse, turn to- wards dock and bring the stern in. Works like a charm every time.

I have used the motor to "turn" the boat to the dock, especially when it is very windy. I have to make a very hard left so getting the front left corner to the dock is usually the problem, the hook helps tremendously. The wind blows in a way that makes it difficult. I have been pretty sideways in the slip before! Thank God there is no boat next to me!!!

Back