Just did walk thru

Fatee2k

Reaction score
Just got back from doing our walk thru on our Q 25 with the 8.2 HO power plant, Only 1 problem so far, we ordered a extra wide driver and passenger seat, and they droped the ball on the passenger seat, it was the standard small one, My wife wanted to ride with our 4 year old there so we needed the extra wide, They have to call bennington on Monday to get one on the way, other than that everything looked good, motor looks big and awesome, Wet sounds sterero all led lighting, The bentley diamond looks rich, we opted for the full sea grass except for the teak in the rear, the sea grass feels nice and soft with your bare feet, guess we will see how it is in the heat.. and more importantly how it is going to hold up, we stuck with the alum look tower, and glad we did.. they didn't have the front bemine installed so not sure if i am going to like that look, but will need it in the extreme heat of lake havasu Az, Sharkhide had been installed and there was a tag on the bag, letting you know, not to use any solvents, only soap and water. As soon as the figure out when the seat will be in, we will take delivery and take out for a test.. will post pics and test report then...

Cool boat with an 8.2 power plant on it get the right seat and look out lake Havasu. How does the sharkhide look

I am looking forward to pics of your boat. It will be Intresting to see what a front Bimini looks like on a Q with a sport tower.

As well as how much coverage you get in the back with the sport tower.

As far as extra wide passenger seat that's a new one to me? Unless you have a floor plan I'm not familiar with (very possable) I thought they all had a standard (wide) recliner at the passenger side. Again I'm sure pic's would solve any mistry LOL have fun with your new toy ur gonna love it

I am looking forward to pics of your boat. It will be Intresting to see what a front Bimini looks like on a Q with a sport tower.

As well as how much coverage you get in the back with the sport tower.

As far as extra wide passenger seat that's a new one to me? Unless you have a floor plan I'm not familiar with (very possable) I thought they all had a standard (wide) recliner at the passenger side. Again I'm sure pic's would solve any mistry LOL have fun with your new toy ur gonna love it
When we looked at this boat at the boat show, it had two seats driver and passenger side by side, the driver seat was wider than the passenger, when we ordered we said we wanted a wider one, like the driver seat, it is wider than the standard.. i will post pics by friday..

I am interested in seeing the front bimni on the tower boat as well. I didn't order it on my boat but might wish I had after I get to see it.I know in talking to Bennington the rear bimni is still the lace on top just a little longer to come out to the front of the tower with a zipper on it to connect the front bimni top. I didn't know there was an option for a wider passenger seat. I quess you could put the wider helm seat over there as well. It looks like the base is the same.

I am interested in seeing the front bimni on the tower boat as well. I didn't order it on my boat but might wish I had after I get to see it.I know in talking to Bennington the rear bimni is still the lace on top just a little longer to come out to the front of the tower with a zipper on it to connect the front bimni top. I didn't know there was an option for a wider passenger seat. I quess you could put the wider helm seat over there as well. It looks like the base is the same.
Yes i think the base is the same, at least it looks like it.. Dealer ordered the seat today. . dealer dropped the ball.. Bennington had sent me a pic of there front bimin, but can't seem to find it, It didn't look bad, Didn't look awesome either, we just figured, it is what it is, where we boat in Az the temp can get to 120. so it is much needed in those extreme temps.

Trying to post some pics if found, i put them in the gallery of the front bemini and the extra wide pass seat, can't seem to find the image code on the pic in the gallery to post pics. if you know how, you can post them if you want..

gallery_3974_251_456245.jpg
gallery_3974_251_1826622.jpg
gallery_3974_251_203401.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There ya go Jeff, fixed it for ya. Nice lookin' toon.

Dammit, that bimini fits together very well and looks far better than the standard double bimini. I wanted the tower but was concerned about the bitty bimini top. Well, maybe the next boat in 7 years. Very nice look!

Dang, I just scrolled through again. That's demonstrates the excitement and annoyance of this forum...I want your boat now! Okay, I'll let it lie. Kudos and enjoy! Go Blue!

Beautiful! That is the sharpest looking bimini I have ever seen

That actually does tie together nicely! How tall are those garage doors do you figure?

Dang, I just scrolled through again. That's demonstrates the excitement and annoyance of this forum...I want your boat now! Okay, I'll let it lie. Kudos and enjoy! Go Blue!
This is a boat at bennington, but not mine, just had some pics they sent me of the design, will post my pics next week... thanks

That looks great. I agree the round stainless Bimini frame go's great with the round tower tube. I wonder how or if the front Bimini is self standing( meaning will its stand up on its own when it's not attached to the sport tower) like a stock front Bimini.

That's going to be one sweet ride. I/O with 8L motor and sport tower. Can't wait to see it on the water it will be Interesting to see how your boat is received in Havasu. Most of the pontoons I have seen in Havasu are pretty wild. "Ya know bright orange interior with flames going down the side" lol please don't put a pirate flag on your boat lol

Ya gotta have a pirate flag. B)

I like it for those hot summer days here in Oklahoma. Wish I had ordered it on my boat.Right now Bennington says it can't be added to existing boats because of the 7 year warranty. I am hoping after enough people complain about the small top on the tower they will come out with a dealer installed kit. Post a pic of the wider seat when you get it installed as I think this is a great idea. You will love the 8.2 it is perfect for this boat and fuel burn is not bad when cruising. I am ready to hear how the captains call exhaust sound with this boat.It wasn't an option when I ordered the last boat, but I added it to the tower boat. My wive is not a big fan of the exhaust option and I hardly ever get to use it on our Cobalt unless she is not aboard. So it may be a waste of money.

Dave ok u have got me confused. You said bennington will not let you add "it" because if the 7 year warranty. What is "it" a tower or a Bimini.

Back