Just finished with the outside of one log.

Spoiledrotten

Reaction score
Looks good! When spring rolls around you should make a road trip to Michigan. I know a certain pontoon that will be ready for spring cleaning about then. :rolleyes:

Looks good! Are you going to Sharkhide it?

Nice job! I know that is a lot of work! Can’t stop now!

ADK, it’s a Magic Tilt. All aluminum with exception of the galvanized tongue.
My snowmobile trailer is the same.... should bought a match when I boat the boat. But at least the painted trailer will keep me out of the salt water!

Great job

Nice work! So, how many hours do you have invested in one toon? How bad a job did it turn out to be? I know some folks on this board say they'd never do it again, so just wondering what you opinion is.

Looks good, I have a replacement center toon about to be replaced, Really dreading the polishing. Been several years since I did all of them and still looks good.

Looks great. I just polish three nosecones and the outsides of the toons. Takes me about 90 minutes with my dual action polisher. First polishing takes longer, however.

It would take hours and hours and much hard work with lacquer cleaner to get the black oxide off the toons to where Snarkhide doesn't get black smudges from it.

I don't polish my toons until June 1st so the shine lasts through the boating season. Toons start tarnishing within 45 days of polishing or manufacturing.

Nice work! So, how many hours do you have invested in one toon? How bad a job did it turn out to be? I know some folks on this board say they'd never do it again, so just wondering what you opinion is.

I probably took a total of 4 - 4.5 hours. It really wasn't that bad. I did one log one day, and the other another day. I'm not going to go with the sharkhide. I'll do this once a year. Each time I get it back in the driveway, I take about 5 minutes, spray some lemon pledge on each toon, and wipe it down. Keep water stains and streaks away.

Probably the best time to use Sharkhide is after what you just did. My only complaint is it doesn't protect crap below the water line if you keep it in the water... ..

Back