Just ordered boat...couple things unclear...please help ASAP

rvrkids

Reaction score
We just ordered our boat yesterday...23 SSRCFBXP...but I am wondering about a couple things and I could still change today if needed...

1. This is the fastback model so it comes with speakers on the rear of the boat. We don't want the lighted speaker option. We upgraded all of the stereo options...head unit, amp & subwoofer, 6 speaker upgrade. Just want to make sure the lighted option is not required to get the upgraded speakers in the rear. Selection of the 6 speaker upgrade affects the lighted fastback speaker option and vice-versa. Our sales person didn't seem 100% sure about this item. We did get the toe kick lighting which automatically selects the lighted speakers if the 6 speaker upgrade was not selected...don't understand this.

2. The blackout package....does it get scratched, banged up easily enough to warrant not getting it? We really really like the way it looks and included it but I was just wondering about this.

Thank you.

Not sure about whether the lighted speakers are standard with the upgraded package or not. You could probably check the Bennington Boat Builder and see how one option affects the other. I've got the lighted speakers on my boat. While I don't use them much they are a nice touch and are easily turned on/off with a dash switch.

I've got the blackout package and I find the finish pretty durable. I had a couple very minor scuffs when I first got the boat. Experimenting with a black Sharpie and also flat black spray paint on a Q-Tip fixed them easily. I don't find the back finish to be a problem and gets lots of compliments so I'm glad we got it.

We have the blackout. Not as durable as expected, but as stated, a sharpie works for small scratches and such .... you’d scratch the regular anodized too, you just don’t notice it as easy. Still LVE our blackout though!!

Can’t comment on the lighting ... I’d verify with dealer. They can easily contact Bennington to verify.

Ditto the above. We have the blackout, and it does ding/scratch a bit easier than I had thought. Minor though, and cosmetically easy to cover up as stated. No idea on speakers being bundled or not with RGB lighting. However, as mentioned, easy to just have turned off, but pretty neat when on. That said, pretty expensive if you have no interest in using them at all. Boatbuilder is not a bad idea for seeing if adding the one options automatically adds the other. It will if they are bundled, and wont if they are not.

Last edited:
The upgraded speakers and illuminated speakers are two separate options. So no , you don't automatically get illuminated by upgrading the speakers. I've got illuminated speakers on mine and yeah they're an expensive option for what you get , but if you ever go out on an evening cruise on a nice summer night you'll forget all about that! Plus on your model it appears the option also illuminates more than just the speakers in the back.

My dealer (who is also a good friend) Said to stay away from the Blackout Packages. But it does look cool !

I have had mine for one season and absolutely no problems. I find it very durable and looks awesome.

Yep I've had mine for 3 seasons and it still looks new. Even the intense sun out here doesn't phase it. I think it's a good investment if you like the look.

My dealer (who is also a good friend) Said to stay away from the Blackout Packages. But it does look cool !

Did he give a reason, cause I find it very odd for a dealer to turn people away from upgrades ...

I really like the look a lot and keep adding it to various builds. I think it looks great; just struggle a bit with the cost as it seems excessive. Glad to hear this feedback though.

I have a dealer I really trust, and he will tell steer buyers away from poor choices and encourage good choices based on his experience. He has no problem at all with the Blackout package. He discourages people buying the electric Bimini as he sees them break too often (electric drive with plastic gears). He also is not a fan of the Sharkhide toon protectant (I know a bunch of you on this forum love it, but it's proven to be more trouble than it's worth from his perspective). Just opinions though based on experience. The boat has a 10 yr warranty. Try it out!

Last edited:
We have both the lighting package and the Black out package. LOVE them both.

As stated above the times you go out for a night ride they sure do stand out! On mine they back Transom speakers do not illuminate! Not sure if they are supposed too or not. We have the Underwater RGB Lighting also so not sure if that eliminates the transom speakers from illuminating?

The black out package holds up just fine in my opinion and makes the boat look allot better! Only thing you notice more than the standard aluminum is the water spots! If I were ordering a new boat I'd make sure it was an option I selected!

No problem with blackout, plus it looks great!

Great...thanks for comments. I am honestly getting differing information on 2 options from 2 different dealers. The first is the speaker question I mentioned above. The bennington build site lets me select the upgraded speakers and toe kick lighting without the speaker lighting but one of the dealers said his system spits that out and requires the speaker lighting, the other dealer said we can do it.

The other item in question is the GPS speedometer with compass heading, item 903024 for $449 list. One dealer told us this has a depth finder and another said he didn't think it did. We are not getting the digital gauges and do not fish so we just want a speedometer and depth finder and the fact that this had some mapping was nice but now we don't know what to think.

They are supposed to be checking/confirming both of these so we'll see but I thought maybe someone on here would know the answers by experience.

Thanks.

My Blackout still looks great, seems to be very durable...but then again, I use bumpers and necessary precautions to not take the chance. I would get it again too.

Not 100% but I thought the GPS speedo was still a manual gauge and just had a read out for the heading.

I have the Simrad G05 on my boat and it is overkill for lake use if your not going to use it to fish, I only use it for speed and would have been happy with the standard gages. The screen is too small for navigation when your sitting back in your chair....It is nice to read water temp and depth off of though.

I have the Mercury Smart gauges and the Garmin depth finder. We may be talking about apples and oranges here depending on your motor set up! The gauges alone dont have a depth finder in them. All of those reading come from the Garmin.

Thanks RodEarl. I think we are going to change to the Striker 4 fish graph so we get the depth finder. But, I am now wondering what the analog gauges are...I haven't looked at them. Are they gas, temp, oil pressure?

Trying to decide if it is worth upgrading to the digital gauges or not for $700 list. One dealer said they provide more info and he recommended over the analog gauges.

Thanks RodEarl. I think we are going to change to the Striker 4 fish graph so we get the depth finder. But, I am now wondering what the analog gauges are...I haven't looked at them. Are they gas, temp, oil pressure?

Trying to decide if it is worth upgrading to the digital gauges or not for $700 list. One dealer said they provide more info and he recommended over the analog gauges.
what motor? The gauges all depend on what motor you get. Merc, Yamaha, Evinrude etc...

Back