Just Purchased Our First Benny

Derrick, It is a Extreme trailer and it must be the angle. It does indeed have the center support. Really nice boat you have. I really like the sport tower.
I should have been a little more specific,  does it support the center pontoon all the way to the back, or is the back 2-3' unsupported?

I should have been a little more specific,  does it support the center pontoon all the way to the back, or is the back 2-3' unsupported?
After looking at pics of your trailer I assumed that might be what you meant. I hadn't really noticed until you mentioned it. It does leave 2'-3' unsupported. Should I be concerned?

Good looking boat, congrats.

As far as the trailer, mine has an extension. I would maybe ask Bennington if yours is ok (send them some pics).

Here is mine...

gallery_6699_811_264696.jpg

After looking at pics of your trailer I assumed that might be what you meant. I hadn't really noticed until you mentioned it. It does leave 2'-3' unsupported. Should I be concerned?
Bennington told me directly it's no problem, but I chose to support it anyway with 650+ lbs of motor on the back of mine.

Personally, I would want it supported. If you are looking at going through all the cost and trouble to have a front bimini frame made for the hybrid top, it tells me that you are willing to go the extra bit to have it just right. My last EZ Loader trailer didn't have it, I wasn't impressed, spent a lot of time going back and forth with them and I'm told that now any custom trailer made for an ESP boat has the extension as seen on my current trailer. As Tom stated, you have 500-650lbs hanging off the back bouncing around. I would do it, I think there are some pics in my gallery of my old trailer and the supports EZ Loader sent me to alleviate my concerns. 

Personally, I would want it supported. If you are looking at going through all the cost and trouble to have a front bimini frame made for the hybrid top, it tells me that you are willing to go the extra bit to have it just right. My last EZ Loader trailer didn't have it, I wasn't impressed, spent a lot of time going back and forth with them and I'm told that now any custom trailer made for an ESP boat has the extension as seen on my current trailer. As Tom stated, you have 500-650lbs hanging off the back bouncing around. I would do it, I think there are some pics in my gallery of my old trailer and the supports EZ Loader sent me to alleviate my concerns. 
I spoke with the dealer today and expressed my concerns. He told me he contacted the trailer company and ordered the extended support and he would take care of the cost and that he wanted me to be happy.

I also found out he ordered the Wet Sounds tower speakers. Even with the delays on the boat I have been extremely happy with the level of service and communication. After all we aren't buying low end boats here. We bought the Bennington for the reputation and quality.

Sounds like a pretty good dealer! Happy its working out

Sounds like a pretty good dealer! Happy its working out
I really like the look of your boat. How often do you have to polish the toons to keep them looking like that.

His are not polished. Just sharkhide.

Yup, no polish here! Just sharkhide. It helps(also hurts) that the boat is always on a trailer, actually literally always on a trailer. 26 hours on the motor in 2 seasons is a ridiculously unfunny joke. 

Yup, no polish here! Just sharkhide. It helps(also hurts) that the boat is always on a trailer, actually literally always on a trailer. 26 hours on the motor in 2 seasons is a ridiculously unfunny joke. 
And that was mostly for pictures. You need to get out more!

I think we need to have an intervention. Derrick, we care about you but the excessive syrup drinking is taking it's toll. You're not even enjoying your hobbies it has gotten so out of hand.

Bulldog, is it the worms still holding you up or some other reason?

Talked with dealer today and he said he could not get ahold of Bennington and ordered the motor parts needed to finish install. Will be ready for Thursday. :D

I also ordered the 2nd top and tower speakers. I was thinking of ordering the removable seat that goes in-between the lounges at the bow gate . Any thoughts?
We have the bow gate seat ,never use it .Wife enters at the bow gate so it sits at the port side gate and she uses's it for a foot rest while we are under way .

When  we ordered  she wanted the seat ,I wanted the wet sounds ,with the amp & sub . Good Trade  :p

We have the bow gate seat ,never use it .Wife enters at the bow gate so it sits at the port side gate and she uses's it for a foot rest while we are under way .

When  we ordered  she wanted the seat ,I wanted the wet sounds ,with the amp & sub . Good Trade  :p
Mine has been sitting in my garage. I have no use for it.

Mine has been sitting in my garage. I have no use for it.
I wanted to bring mine home ,but the wife likes it .Whats that saying  "Happy Wife ,Happy Life " :blink:    She wins this one 

I was also curious if anyone ever uses the built-in ice chests. If so what is your opinion (Do they actually keep ice long and how easy are they to drain and clean)? TIA

I have not used mine .It has a drain line ,just pull the plug .

I do use the AO coolers ,Great soft side for the price .

Last edited by a moderator:
I was also curious if anyone ever uses the built-in ice chests. If so what is your opinion (Do they actually keep ice long and how easy are they to drain and clean)? TIA
I also boat in hot Arizona, and I use traditional coolers on my boat for most stuff. On both of my Benningtons I have used the built in coolers for drink ice. They are self draining and easy to clean, but they won't keep ice as long as a good cooler.

I also boat in hot Arizona, and I use traditional coolers on my boat for most stuff. On both of my Benningtons I have used the built in coolers for drink ice. They are self draining and easy to clean, but they won't keep ice as long as a good cooler.
Good to know, thanks for the info. I kind of figured they weren't insulated with Az 110+ temps in mind. Finally picking up the boat tomorrow. Going to take a trip to Roosevelt Lake this weekend. I am looking forward to a Lake Powell trip soon.

Back