Just wanted to share with my Benny friends...

Hope things are going well for your father, once back on line in the forum give us an update

I went through a similar experience with my dad. He recovered completely and lived many years after that. All my best to your dad.

Latest update:

Update: Sunday September 30.

The picture below is what a ventilator looks like when it’s sitting idle in a corner. When I came in today, Daddy was sitting in a chair, and in very good spirit, I might add. My heart swelled with pride, seeing how strong my dad is. To where he is now after being at the doorstep of eternity 3 weeks ago, is truly remarkable and nothing short of a miracle.

I just talked to the nurse while she was giving dad drink and refreshing his nutrition intake (through his feeding tube). She said he is doing really well. They put him in the chair yesterday, and worked him pretty hard while they had the vent removed, and because of that strain on him, his oxygen level dropped from 95 to 85. She gave him 15 minutes for the level to return, and when it didn’t, she put him back on the vent. They removed it again today, to clean him and to sit him in the chair for a couple of hours. Shortly after I got here, they moved him back to the bed. They didn’t have to use the vent, so to this dumb ole country boy, I’d say he’s stronger today than yesterday. Hallelujah! He’s was also smiling a good bit today. That’s my dad! His color is good. His expressions are good, and aside from the tube in his throat, he almost looks like he did 4 weeks ago, before all of this happened.

Keep praying for strength in his body. Pray for the further clearing of his lungs. And don’t forget to thank our Almighty God for working his miracles in this wonderful man.

Thanks to Betty and Tom Crane, and other old friends from FBC Bryan. We had visits and prayers from your new pastor, your associate pastor, and your youth pastor. Three wonderful men, and I appreciated each one.

God Almighty, we continue to honor you through this. You are so good, and worthy of our praise.

I also added a current pic of Daddy. Posing with his Elvis hairdo. Looking great!

9A445051-923F-4BD8-AC5C-4FED4FD6419E.jpeg 27A6D658-3278-41FA-BD51-8F8330FAC015.jpeg

My dad’s 87th birthday was yesterday, October 1. My parent’s 65th wedding anniversary is February 4th. He’s still with us.

My dad’s 87th birthday was yesterday, October 1. My parent’s 65th wedding anniversary is February 4th. He’s still with us.
Thats fantastic! The Power of prayer.....

That’s fantastic he’s pulling through and feeling better! Hitting 87 and 65 years of marriage are major milestones in life and something to be proud of!! Will continue to keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers as the healing continues!

Thanks for the great news - PTL!

Great news!

Again, you guys are so great!

Dad got a speaking valve today. It was so great to finally be able to hear what he’s been mouthing for a week and a half. My God is working miracles in this family.

Back