Key West

Link

Reaction score
our 3-day trip to Key West

Looks like you guys are having a Blast!

Great pics Link! Keep 'em coming!

You're living it up. We were down there a couple years ago and had fun. Not a place I would want to live but fun to visit for sure. Are the wild chickens still roaming everywhere? We stayed at hawks cat and drove down. When we were there it happened to be during "fantasy fest". Pretty interesting parade! You'll have to google I and turn your safe search off! 

You're living it up. We were down there a couple years ago and had fun. Not a place I would want to live but fun to visit for sure. Are the wild chickens still roaming everywhere? We stayed at hawks cat and drove down. When we were there it happened to be during "fantasy fest". Pretty interesting parade! You'll have to google I and turn your safe search off! 

Just " happened" to be fantasy fest did it???? You ol' hound dog you!! Haha

I used to hang out in the Key's during my youth, but it's been close to 30 years since I've ventured down there. Really a unique place. If it weren't for the summer heat and the threat of hurricane's I'd be tempted to live the key life.

I used to hang out in the Key's during my youth, but it's been close to 30 years since I've ventured down there. Really a unique place. If it weren't for the summer heat and the threat of hurricane's I'd be tempted to live the key life.

I took a look at house prices in Key West last night.  I am no longer tempted

How about houseboat? Anything down there reasonably priced? That's one of our thoughts. 

How about houseboat? Anything down there reasonably priced? That's one of our thoughts. 

You need to look two or three islands up north of Key West. I've been trying to talk friends into buying homes on different Keys so we could visit each other by boat. I've been really thinking about this since tcpip said Key West was only 41 miles by boat from Fort Meyers. Just thinking ahead!

Being this isn't a pontoon competitor promotion, you could get one of these to scoot back and forth and for quick runs between islands.... 

http://craigcat.com/key-west/

Last edited by a moderator:
Being this isn't a pontoon competitor promotion, you could get one of these to scoot back and forth and for quick runs between islands.... 

http://craigcat.com/key-west/

Now that's cool! I'm thinking the next boat will be a 10' beam with twin Evinrude 200HO's. That would allow me to make a ramp to pull the little cat up on between the motors, This little retirement plan is really coming together! :rolleyes:

Good Ideas but I am very happy with where I am in Florida.  Being a tourist town Cocoa Beach has so many festivals and things to do.  Only problem is I came down here with no gut at all and because we go out basically every day I have put on over 10 pounds and now have a gut which I hate :(

Good Ideas but I am very happy with where I am in Florida.  Being a tourist town Cocoa Beach has so many festivals and things to do.  Only problem is I came down here with no gut at all and because we go out basically every day I have put on over 10 pounds and now have a gut which I hate :(

That's just a the sign of having a great time!! Besides.... just gives the wife a little more to love! ;)  

That's my Achilles heel with any time off.  Weight gain!  It's certainly a sign of living it up, if only it came off as quick as it goes on.  

Read up on Keto diet. Kind of like Atkins. Drop 10lbs quick. Then go back at it again.  :D

Back