Kicker KMC10 question

Airmousam

Reaction score
Bought a Kicker hideaway powered sub..Do I connect this to the front or rear RCA outputs or does it matter? It's going under the helm and it's a 4 speaker system..Thanks for any help!

Details? Keep us posted as to the ease of installation, performance, value and where you bought it. Thanks.

Will do..kicker did not include a needed harness (KISL) to connect to the KMC10 Grrr....ordered that from Walmart...13 bucks...Paid $239 for the Hideaway at BestBuy....I'll post up some pics and details when I'm done.

Will do..kicker did not include a needed harness (KISL) to connect to the KMC10 Grrr....ordered that from Walmart...13 bucks...Paid $239 for the Hideaway at BestBuy....I'll post up some pics and details when I'm done.

So, this is a plug and play? Where does the power come from. My KMC10 has a fistful of unused color coded connectors. Does the Walmart harness utilize those?

I've wanted some more boost and will follow your install carefully.

Not plug and play, but should not be bad.hope to pull power from an empty assessory switch..The KISL will allow you to connect to a pair of the RCA Jacks (aka fist full of color coded connectors) coming from the head unit....My boat (2020 22ssrx) came with the KMC45 and basic apeakers...upgraded to the KMC10...also plan to replace the 4 speakers...will come together in a couple of weeks...will sound much better but not awesome....I have my mastercraft if i want awesome sound :)

Attachments

• 15948518388842787357008200815617.jpg
    15948518388842787357008200815617.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 23
Not plug and play, but should not be bad.hope to pull power from an empty assessory switch.

I wondered if those are hot. I need to power a depth finder and thought I could grab 12 volt power from there.

The reason I asked about powering the amp is because I've always believe that a dedicated direct wire to the battery eliminates ignition noise through the system, but that my be my 1970s thinking. I haven't messed with auto/boat sound systems since then.

You may very well be right...need to check the fuse size on the acc and live well and I'll give it a shot..maybe others will chime in...thx

Depending on what size amp powers the sub, you will likely need more amperage than what an accessory switch will have. I ran a 4 guage wire for my amp and a either a 40 or 60 amp fuse between the amp and the battery. I used the rear amp outputs.

I’m finding the KMC10 discontinued everywhere I look. So odd. Was this a straightforward swap between the KMC45? I have a car audio installer making a recommendation for a sub tomorrow. I cannot decide on which unit I want to go with. Looking forward to your results.

KMC10’s are available on eBay, 15min install, true plug and play. Got mine for $130 on Craigslist. The 8” powered sub is 150W with a 15amp in line fuse...radio and switch are also 15amp...checked the prints and the live well and acc switch are also both 15 amp

Looking to install a sub/amp also, but have no clue on how to approach this so any help like this post is great!!!

Just got to the lake and plan to start on it tomorrow

Attachments

• 20200717_185638.jpg
    20200717_185638.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 31
Any concerns that the Kicker sub is not marine rated? Where do you plan to mount it?

Looks like a fun day and a great sound improvement is coming. I hope everything goes smoothly.

Any concerns that the Kicker sub is not marine rated? Where do you plan to mount it?
I think itll be ok...I plan to cut this and use it for an elevated mount (got the idea on this site)....under the helm...I had a non marine head unit in our last toon, and never had an issue....many years...its hot as blazes here in Maine today and I'm a bit hung over...not sure if I'll get to it today...speakers for sure...lol

Attachments

• 20200718_102903.jpg
    20200718_102903.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 9
Does anyone mount subs at stern near battery? If so, then fused big gauge wiring would be easy short run (cheap!) and just need RCA cable run from helm head unit for music source. My understanding is low frequencies are non directional so doesn't really matter where it is located. Not sure if there is a limit to how long RCA signal wire can be run.

Does anyone mount subs at stern near battery? If so, then fused big gauge wiring would be easy short run (cheap!) and just need RCA cable run from helm head unit for music source. My understanding is low frequencies are non directional so doesn't really matter where it is located. Not sure if there is a limit to how long RCA signal wire can be run.
No issues with length

Does anyone know if the KMC4 replaced the KMC10? They look to have the same output rating, but not positive. The KMC4 and KMC10 use different remotes.

Update: Technical support from Kicker says the KMC4, KMC10 and KMC45 have the same power output for 4 speakers. They also said the KMC4 had a newer user interface than the KMC10 and that the KMC4 was more reliable than the KMC10. The KMC4 and KMC45 may have the same power output for 4 speakers, but there are several feature/function differences.

Last edited:
Back