Kicker KMC10, speakers, amp, sub questions . . .

Folsom Dan

Reaction score
so - still trying to figure out what to do with my stereo. Boat came with the Kicker KMC10 and stock speakers.

I just picked up 4 Kicker 45KM654 6.5s to replace the stock Benny speakers. I also already picked up and installed a Kicker Hideaway 8” Powered sub - https://www.kicker.com/hideaway. Not super happy with the sub - but need to try to dial it in a little more.

I’m trying to figure out if I should pick up a separate amp to drive the new Kicker speakers, or just deal with the KMC10 doing the work. And - thinking of replacing the Kicker Hideaway with something else. If I get a new sub and am getting an amp - I’m thinking about just getting a 5-ch amp and building a sub box for a little better sound.

Add speakers too?

What’s everyone done? Pics of installs?

Well, my Benny came with the Kicker KMC10, Kicker 5 channel amp, Kicker 10" sub under the forward starboard seat and 4 Wetsounds speakers. I added a second 10" shallow mount Pioneer sub under the port side club seats. Also added two remotes front and rear. The addition of the Pioneer sub and "tweaking" the amp a bit helped quite a bit. I mounted the sub control knob hidden near the right side of the throttle. You're only going to get so much out of the deck itself. And, the 8" sub will help a little but not a lot. If it was me I'd invest in a good quality 5 channel amp and add a couple of 10" subs. The new Kicker speakers will sound better and appreciate a bit more power to them from the amp. My .02.

so - still trying to figure out what to do with my stereo. Boat came with the Kicker KMC10 and stock speakers.

I just picked up 4 Kicker 45KM654 6.5s to replace the stock Benny speakers. I also already picked up and installed a Kicker Hideaway 8” Powered sub - https://www.kicker.com/hideaway. Not super happy with the sub - but need to try to dial it in a little more.

I’m trying to figure out if I should pick up a separate amp to drive the new Kicker speakers, or just deal with the KMC10 doing the work. And - thinking of replacing the Kicker Hideaway with something else. If I get a new sub and am getting an amp - I’m thinking about just getting a 5-ch amp and building a sub box for a little better sound.

Add speakers too?

What’s everyone done? Pics of installs?

I added a the kicker 44kxma8005 marine 5 channel amp and the kicker 46cwtb102 10" sub tube with passive radiator.
Made a huge difference! 20190321_204250.jpg 20190321_205015.jpg

So i have my boat at my dealer for a Yamaha warranty issue and was thinking of having a the dealer install a 10” sub and Kicker amp.
What can I expect to pay for for such a set up with a complete dealer install.
Currently I have the Bennington installed Kicker K10 with the upgraded speakers

So i have my boat at my dealer for a Yamaha warranty issue and was thinking of having a the dealer install a 10” sub and Kicker amp.
What can I expect to pay for for such a set up with a complete dealer install.
Currently I have the Bennington installed Kicker K10 with the upgraded speakers

Depends on the sub and amp. The amp and sub Marc R put in retails at $599 and $250. Add wires and a couple hours of labor and I’ll bet you’re north of $1200

And - when I mounted the sub and batter charger in that location - I used 1/2” rubber grommets underneath them to rise them off the floor (in case any water got in there). I had some extra heater hose and cut 1/2” pieces to use as grommets.

Back