Kicker KMC10 USB music

kozzy

Reaction score
I have the KMC10 stereo, and I installed a USB thumb drive for music, right out of my old boat, which had a Clarion head unit. I have the music grouped in folders on the drive, to make searching and playback easier. When I have it plugged into the Kicker, I cannot browse the separate folders. I can only randomly go through the songs, they dont appear to be in any order. I have always had Clarion marine systems, so the Kicker is new to me....Does this sound normal for the KMC10? I also tried in my truck, which is the factory system, and it browses the folders fine too....thanks

That sounds pretty annoying! Thankfully, I'm not sophisticated enough to have USB thumb drives and grouped folders. Spotify does the trick for me. Hopefully a more tech savoy member will weigh-in on the subject. Good luck...

Yeah I have the manual, nut it is not help with this issue. I called Kicker directly and apparently there are some compatibility issues with some USB drives. i just ordered 2 new ones, per their recommendations, we will see what happens. They recommend at least a 2.0, which the one I was using was. I ordered a new one that is 2.0/3.0, and I just ordered a 3.1 they are cheap enough, ill see what happens.

I have the KMC10 stereo, and I installed a USB thumb drive for music, right out of my old boat, which had a Clarion head unit. I have the music grouped in folders on the drive, to make searching and playback easier. When I have it plugged into the Kicker, I cannot browse the separate folders. I can only randomly go through the songs, they dont appear to be in any order. I have always had Clarion marine systems, so the Kicker is new to me....Does this sound normal for the KMC10? I also tried in my truck, which is the factory system, and it browses the folders fine too....thanks
Why not just use your phone and play via bluetooth?

I like using a USB cine my phone battery dies very quickly when using the bluetooth for music, and I wont have a USB cord dangling around to keep the phone charged. I like the functionality of just using the USB drive..plus my phone is a work phone, so I try not to stream too much on it

I like using a USB cine my phone battery dies very quickly when using the bluetooth for music, and I wont have a USB cord dangling around to keep the phone charged. I like the functionality of just using the USB drive..plus my phone is a work phone, so I try not to stream too much on it

Gotcha. I keep my phone in a cradle that is a wireless charger. https://amzn.to/2YDbqwy You can also download music to your phone just like the flash drive in order to not use any data. Just another option.

I found the issue with the folders and USB drive. You cant use a stick over 32 GB, since anything over is formatted to exFAT, and this device only likes FAT32.
Also, your folders cannot have any special characters in the name, it freezes the indexing process.
took a a few hours to trace all this, now its working flawless.

Back