Kicker stereo problems

Larry Lambert

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with their kicker stereo? As soon as you put power to the stereo head mine comes up with a warning screen that remains on. I am unable to do anything with the buttons or knobs. Anybody have any recommendations?

What year boat? What’s the warning say?
If nothing in manual, contact dealer.

Mine does the same thing. Shows an "ERR-019" code. Brand new 2019 Benny. It's the base Kicker head. KMC-01 or something like that. I tried to look up the code online, but couldn't find anything.

Mine does the same thing. Shows an "ERR-019" code. Brand new 2019 Benny. It's the base Kicker head. KMC-01 or something like that. I tried to look up the code online, but couldn't find anything.
Welcome, Bry! Sounds like Bennington got a bad shipment from Kicker. Give your dealer a call post haste!

Reactions: Bry
Owners manual for the KMC10 does not show any error codes/descriptions. Mine is a year old and went bad this summer, was promptly replaced by the dealer. If you take the silver frame piece off, there are 4 screws attaching it to the helm.

We are not getting a error code, but the radio looks like it is connected on the radio as well as the phone, however even with an ox cord it wont play. Did you take your radio out and bring them to the dealer? How long were you without music?

I know this is a late post, but after doing research I found out online this unit has a high failure rate. So maybe this post will help others in the future who are looking up info about this stereo head unit.

The kmc10 tends to get stuck on the warning screen and never work again. Call kicker about it and they will tell you to talk to your dealership. Dealership tells you to talk to kicker. You end up with a brick you have to pay for and replace yourself. Read the reviews on Amazon about this head unit. Good luck

You can try this, works on mine until it doesn’t anymore…

MASTER RESET
To perform the master reset and restore all settings/ functions on the KMC10 back to
their factory defaults, please do the following:
Press and hold the Play/Pause
button for 5 seconds.

You can try this, works on mine until it doesn’t anymore…

MASTER RESET
To perform the master reset and restore all settings/ functions on the KMC10 back to
their factory defaults, please do the following:
Press and hold the Play/Pause
button for 5 seconds.
Thank you for the info!
I personally am looking at upgrading mine to a Rockford Fosgate or some other brand that will hopefully fit in that same size hole in my helm.

Same here. Just waiting for it fail entirely but so far doing the rest has worked. Once it does I’ll roll with the Wet sounds or Fosgate.

Same here. Just waiting for it fail entirely but so far doing the rest has worked. Once it does I’ll roll with the Wet sounds or Fosgate.
I ordered yesterday the 300 watt powered Fosgate 12-in sub from Amazon. It also came with all the wiring for a dollar more than the other 12-in Fosgate subs available. Planning to put it in this coming weekend. I hope it fits well underneath the lounger in back. If you do end up getting one of those systems please let me know I'd be interested in what you get.

I’m partial to Wetsounds but I installed a Fosgate last year in my nephews boat and it totally rocks. Leaning that way since my amps are Fosgate and I need an output for rear facing speakers. My Kicker was acting funny today but I’m pretty sure it was a battery issue so two new batteries and a I’ll head back Wednesday to finish.
You can’t go wrong with either in my opinion. Good luck with sub install.

Is anyone else having problems with their kicker stereo? As soon as you put power to the stereo head mine comes up with a warning screen that remains on. I am unable to do anything with the buttons or knobs. Anybody have any recommendations?
I’ve got issues with my stock kicker too . Every time the stereo powers up I get a high pitch sound from all speakers . Boat is less then two years old . Anyone else having similar issues ?

3rd season and our Kicker has performed flawless!!! Knock on wood! We use Bluetooth and play music from our phone! The regular stereo local music stations work well! We have no complaints......

3rd season and our Kicker has performed flawless!!! Knock on wood! We use Bluetooth and play music from our phone! The regular stereo local music stations work well! We have no complaints......
After reading a few threads saw that others did a reboot on the kicker by pressing the play/pause button and holding down for 5 seconds . This seemed to have fixed my problem ! No more high pitch sound from speakers so hopefully no more issues .

After reading a few threads saw that others did a reboot on the kicker by pressing the play/pause button and holding down for 5 seconds . This seemed to have fixed my problem ! No more high pitch sound from speakers so hopefully no more issues .
Glad to hear it Franco. Rock on!

Looks like my stock Kicker KMC 100 has gone T/ U again . Not the same issue but just no longer playing . Will be replacing with either a JL Audio mm-40 or a Rockford fosgate pmx2 . Anyone have either one of those and if so feedback please much appreciated. Thx

I have the PMX 3 ( Sirius) on mine no issues yet . I mostly use it with a USB drive . I do like that the drive starts up where you left off even when the drive is removed . If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask .

I have installed both on other boats and they have operated without issue, one for two seasons on a Ranger 1000.

Back