Kicker stereo upgrade

Seaduced

Reaction score
I have a 2275 GCW on order. 

One of the options that I ordered is the Kicker KMC10 stereo upgrade (901085). 

I would like to get my hands on the owners manual for this unit.

I called Kicker (CPS Distributors) and, believe it or not, they say they do not have a copy of the owners manual yet.

The rep from customer service is trying to take a picture of the rear of the unit so I can get an idea of the inputs and outputs.

Does anyone have this unit?

Does anyone know where I can get a pdf of the manual?

If not the manual, perhaps a pic or diagram of the rear of the unit?

Thank you.

Jim

About the only thing I could find for the kicker kmc10 is on this page.  There is a pdf file you can download that shows all the connections available on the radio (if that is the one you are getting)

https://fccid.io/document.php?id=2515958

I've got the KMC-10 on my new Benny.  Great head unit, I really like it.  Pretty simple in operating and since I play my IPOD typically about 99.9% of the time, it works perfect for that.  There really isn't much in the way of a manual.  What Indian posted above is it.  I'm not near my boat at the moment but will be on Monday so If there's certain pics or anything that you want to see let me know.  The unit itself is much different than a standard stereo deck.  Meaning, it's really just a lightweight face unit with a wiring harness coming out of the back of it.  On the wiring harness itself is the RCA jacks and various other inputs/ouputs.  The face unit is almost like a nice remote.  Pretty thin with very little "guts" to it.  Again, I like mine a lot and it is super simple to use.  I've got the dash remote but added two more units front/rear.  Hope that helps some.

Here's a couple of pics I just snapped.  To use the IPhone/IPOD, I disconnected the plug from the dash and plugged in the cable under the helm.  That way it's nice and stealth and also charges as it plays.

Kicker KMC-10 stereo face

Kicker KMC-10 stereo rear

Old IPhone used as IPOD

I got new boat in and noticed the Aux input is used on the KMC 10. I haven't had time to see where it goes to, anyone know? I was going to use it for my Sirus /XM

I believe it goes to the auxiliary and usb on the dash by the fish finder at least on the Q and R series. Disconnected mine to use for my XM radio.  Did buy a splitter to hook it all back up just haven't had time to put it in yet.

It must be to the Aux up by the gps. USB has its own input. Thanks for the reply I will probably never use the Aux input so I will just unplug it and use that for the XM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa..someone said they ordered the kmc10 upgrade and it came installed UNDER the helm and they had to access it by opening the door. I ordered a 22 sslx , regular console and the kmc 10...it won't be like that will it!!?? 

Might.  Mine has two remotes but that may be do to floor plan.  One on the grill and one on the rear sunpad.   If it is you can still control radio from the helm.

Whoa..someone said they ordered the kmc10 upgrade and it came installed UNDER the helm and they had to access it by opening the door. I ordered a 22 sslx , regular console and the kmc 10...it won't be like that will it!!?? 

They no longer put it on the door from everything I can tell. They changed from the door to console for R and Q series for the 17 model year. Highly doubt they willl do that on your model. Call your dealer they may know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back