Kidde fire extinguishers

BigKahuna

Reaction score
I bought a 2 pack of Kidde fire extinguishers from Sam's Club last year. It has a larger capacity than the one that I had on the Benny so I replaced that one and put the old one under the helm. The other new one is in the pantry.

The reason for this post is I received a product recall from Kidde. Extinguishers with plastic handles can clog, break, or fail to activate during a fire emergency.

So check your fire extinguishers whether they are in your Benny or not. They will replace them. You can call Kidde direct at 855-271-0773 or go to www.kidde.com and click on product recall.............

I'll have to check mine in the spring.

I already have 2 on the way .I am going next Monday to find out if I can access my boat in storage to check that one

I have 2 on the way also.

The recall goes back to 1973 so I'll have to get the old one out of the boat and get the #'s off of it too.......

Retrieved 2 fire extinguishers from our boat today. Both on the list. One was from 2004 the original one that came with the boat......."

Just submitted 3 for replacement......

Went to the dealer today ..
Mine is tucked in the back of one of pole barns ,not easily accessible .That one can wait until spring .
They were not even aware of the recall .

Went to the dealer today ..
Mine is tucked in the back of one of pole barns ,not easily accessible .That one can wait until spring .
They were not even aware of the recall .

Ditto with my situation.

My boat is stored five levels up in the back... no chance of accessing until spring when it comes out.

The Kidde representative did say that since it's a far-reaching recall, the replacements will still be available in the spring. I guess that's something, anyway...

Back