kidney table modification?

sherrycalh

Reaction score
The recessed drink holders on our kidney shaped pedestal table are useless for our Yeti style large glasses. Is it possible to cut the table and insert a stainless steel cup drink holder with drain instead?
upload_2019-8-20_12-32-31.jpeg

great question. I was wondering the same thing. I will follow closely!!!

Good luck getting the holes cut nicely. Probably doable but you’ll see the bottom of the cup holder hanging down. We actually don’t use our table due to the abundance of cup holders elsewhere.

That upgrade is exactly what I did and it came out perfect. I even used the same stainless drink holders except without the drains. I used a hole saw from the back side and cut through the black plastic and then the faux teak top. Glued the cup holders in. They are barely noticeable from the underside. I did add a ring of weather striping to the inside of the cup holder to hold the Artic Cup perfectly. The table is so more useful now. I will try to remember to take a picture this weekend and post them here.

I would think you could easily modify using one of those hole saw drill attachments. They come in a wide variety of sizes.

You guys will LOVE the new tables!

That's a very tight fit.

That upgrade is exactly what I did and it came out perfect. I even used the same stainless drink holders except without the drains. I used a hole saw from the back side and cut through the black plastic and then the faux teak top. Glued the cup holders in. They are barely noticeable from the underside. I did add a ring of weather striping to the inside of the cup holder to hold the Artic Cup perfectly. The table is so more useful now. I will try to remember to take a picture this weekend and post them here.
Do you recall hole saw diameter you used?

The recessed drink holders on our kidney shaped pedestal table are useless for our Yeti style large glasses. Is it possible to cut the table and insert a stainless steel cup drink holder with drain instead?
View attachment 25756
I did exactly that, bought 3 new deep cup holder at the marina and drilled out the existing ones with a hole saw. worked perfectly.

Back