KMC1 radio antenna

Viking1

Reaction score
I have a Kicker radio model KMC1. I can only get a few FM radio stations on our lake. In the same area my car radio can get plenty of FM stations. I looked under the dash and a bunch of wires coming from the source unit is all tied up with tie wraps. Is there an antenna I need to buy to get better reception or is the antenna all wrapped up in the bundle and needs to be deployed? Or is this all the stations that I can receive? Thanks for any help.

The antenna is bundled in there. You have to unwind and run it around the helm.

The antenna is bundled in there. You have to unwind and run it around the helm.
Yes ! I had to do this with mine, this will do the trick. If not right away keep adjusting it until you get good reception. They do make a booster antenna also .Talk to your Dealer.

It has been my experience that radios on boats don't work as well as ones in cars. My lake is fairly remote, good distance from major radio stations so reception is iffy. I suggest Sirius Satellite Radio app or Amazon Music app if you have Prime then use Bluetooth to the radio. Even though I am remote I still have cell phone reception. No commercials!!!

Mine was the same, unwrapped, experimented with positioning antenna under helm. Works much better but not great.

Back