L Bench with SPS

floppyzena

Reaction score
Hi I We just bough our 2nd Bennington. The first was a 21slx L bench. We moved to a 21L with SPS. We like the L bench doe's anyone know where they put the 32 gal. fuel tank is it inside the 3rd toon ?

It is in the transom .
From the build site .

"REQUIRES 25 INCH TRANSOM. Includes 3 full-length 25 IN diameter pontoons, upswept lifting strakes on the center pontoon, performance foils inside outer pontoons, underdeck wave shield, SeaStar hydraulic steering and a 32 gallon transom fuel tank. Outer tubes use .80 gauge aluminum and the center tube is a combination of .80/.100 gauge aluminum."

Congratulations on your new Benny! Post some details and pictures when you can.

Mine is in the center log. My live well is in the bench seat.

Hi I We just bough our 2nd Bennington. The first was a 21slx L bench. We moved to a 21L with SPS. We like the L bench doe's anyone know where they put the 32 gal. fuel tank is it inside the 3rd toon ?
I would check directly with Bennington. My dealer said in the tube but when I inquired further I found it was in the changing area. 1617282906642.jpeg
Also, the batteries ge there too. Mine is a 26 LXL and they had a 24 LXL with the same layout (the 24 had no rear platform and that rounded hole is where the ski pylon would pop up and stick out your sun pad. :mad:
1617283178976.png
This was the 24 LXL:
1617283540383.jpeg
1617283562751.jpeg

I hope there is still enough room to change in there. We got the ski bar not the pylon. Did get the extended deck though dealer is going to install the second battery

Measure twice cut once. Get you engineering drawing and do your DD!
Yes. Both my salesman at a large dealership and the regional manager said with the ESP it would be a 50 gallon tank in the center tube. When I got the drawing from Bennington and spoke to engineering they said it has to be in the changing room and no matter what size motor you get you can only get the upgraded 32 gallon tank. After that they both said they don’t sell many of these so they weren’t too sure about it.
What is a major bummer since this is the oldest platform. I would’ve hoped they had a solution for this by now. We still decided to stick with this layout as we were looking for the extra storage.

I would check directly with Bennington. My dealer said in the tube but when I inquired further I found it was in the changing area. View attachment 29429
Also, the batteries ge there too. Mine is a 26 LXL and they had a 24 LXL with the same layout (the 24 had no rear platform and that rounded hole is where the ski pylon would pop up and stick out your sun pad. :mad:
View attachment 29430
This was the 24 LXL:
View attachment 29431
View attachment 29432
Where did you get the CAD drawing. - Thanks

Where did you get the CAD drawing. - Thanks
From Bennington. Your sales person should be able to get it or email Bennington directly and someone there should be able to send it to you. I went round and round with engineering because I wanted the batteries under the seat but they said it couldn’t go under there (doesn’t make much sense since most other floorplans are all seating. On a stern radius model where would the battery go?).

Yes. Both my salesman at a large dealership and the regional manager said with the ESP it would be a 50 gallon tank in the center tube. When I got the drawing from Bennington and spoke to engineering they said it has to be in the changing room and no matter what size motor you get you can only get the upgraded 32 gallon tank. After that they both said they don’t sell many of these so they weren’t too sure about it.
What is a major bummer since this is the oldest platform. I would’ve hoped they had a solution for this by now. We still decided to stick with this layout as we were looking for the extra storage.
What's interesting is that if you build the 26' L swingback you are given the option for a 46g center toon tank. But the L-bench doesn't offer. Must be something specific to that model such as the furniture preventing port fuel fill.

What's interesting is that if you build the 26' L swingback you are given the option for a 46g center toon tank. But the L-bench doesn't offer. Must be something specific to that model such as the furniture preventing port fuel fill.
Yea. I’m guessing that the table post goes where the fuel tank would be. When I was playing with the boat builder site over the last year I found if you build a stern radius model you could get the 50 gallon tank in the tube. If you put in an aft table then you couldn’t do the upgraded fuel tank in the floor.

From Bennington. Your sales person should be able to get it or email Bennington directly and someone there should be able to send it to you. I went round and round with engineering because I wanted the batteries under the seat but they said it couldn’t go under there (doesn’t make much sense since most other floorplans are all seating. On a stern radius model where would the battery go?).
Sent off a request to Bennington to get the CAD drawing for a 24 LXSR that I have on order and received the drawing in less than 30 minutes after submitting my request, very impressive.

I think that the reason would be because with the center fuel tank you have to be able to always access the tank connections , which may not be able to with the L layout. Just a guess, but I feel pretty confident in it! :)

Back