L vs LX

Jrob

Reaction score
New buyer. Can someone tell me the basic difference between the 2 and base cost difference.. Thanks!

In case you are not aware of the build page ,here is the link . The details and list prices can be found there

New buyer. Can someone tell me the basic difference between the 2 and base cost difference.. Thanks!
Best thing will be to watch the virtual product launch today where they will go over the 2021 product line ups.

You can do a build and price online and see the price differences. The L replaced the SXP model and the LX replaced the G model from years past.

I ended up ordering the L and then upgrading various things of the L to make it what I wanted. I personally preferred the look of the seats on the L vs LX, for example.

Thanks...new to all this ... making our first Bennington Tritoon purchase

Roll the sleeves up and jump in, thats what I did. YouTube search L and LX models and see the walkthroughs, Read the multiple threads on here on what people wish they would have added, and what they wish they avoided, etc...So much great info on here when searching and reading. Thats really the best way and then IF you still have questions, I came back and hit up specific questions.

Best advice right now is if you want to be on the water this summer, you'll want to order it soon if you want to special build your order.

jrob:

One of the best things about Bennington...infinite options, flexibility and customizable builds. :cool:

One of the worst things about Bennington...the above. It’ll make your head spin, and your pocketbook cry. o_O

Kidding a bit here, because although overwhelming at first, I 100% appreciated the crazy amount of options and personalization. It was one of the main reasons we ended up going with Bennington.

Mozekian’s and others advise above is good. Researching this forum, playing around with different boat builds online, and repeated visits to our dealership to check things out in person were all super helpful for us back in the fall of 2016 before putting in our order in Jan. of 2017.

Hello, I just spent 3 weeks learning this exercise.
1) build a boat. Copy and paste the build data into word: a) the show details in upper right corner is specific to your build and b) the standard features from second to last build tab, scroll to top, expand features. To copy right click to highlight, copy, paste.
2) repeat for each build. The standard features per specific model you only need to copy once, this is these best side by side you can create.

23 Ft L.... 150 or 200 Yamaha.... They say Mph isn’t significant? What about noise? Etc
I have a 24’ SBXP SPS 200HP Mercury Verado Pro (the L designation replaced the older SXP designation this year...mine is an SXP). Thus, very similar in some respects to what you are considering here. We went with the 200HP. Reasons: HP is cheapest at initial purchase, and so we wanted to max out and not have any “what ifs” down the road. Noise difference, at least with the Mercuries, was not noticeable at all (although I’d image there must be some minor level of difference if measured). We plan and do use it for a lot of tubing, so something that could sustain speeds in lots of turns with 4 kids/teens/adults on a larger Super Mable tube was important to us. In essence, within our stretched out boat budget at the time, we wanted our last boat first. We knew we would likely never again replace this one for something better due to future finances - eyeing retirement in the foreseeable future at time of purchase.

Additionally, we also went with 200HP Mercury Verado Pro with the supercharger. That’s Merc’s high performance option 6 cyc. 200 w/ supercharger so we have a significantly more noticeable increase in hole shot, better power arc through the RPM range, and a little more mph at WOT. Basically like going with the Yamaha Vmax 200HP SHO vs. their 4 cyc f200HP.

Thus, type of 150 or 200 impacts the performance differentials too. If performance or water sports are important, then going 200 HP is nice. That said, pretty much everything you can do with the 200, you can do with the 150 on a 23’ L. Also, you obviously are going to use less gas at various RPM’s, and particularly at WOT, with the lower HP motor. So if you will rarely do anything robust with the boat, and really will be 80-90% plus slow cruising, it really may not be worth the increased costs of the 200HP (both at purchase, and operationally).

I personally recommend going 200HP if within your budget. Whether it is the standard 200 for your model motor or the high performance version, you will get better whole shot, slightly better mph at WOT, you will be maxed out at the lowest price possible for HP, and you can own it without any what-ifs down the road.

That’s also easy for me to sit back and say because it’s not my money. You really need to factor that in for what is right for you and your family, and for the other options you want to add on too. It’s all very expensive, so lots of trade-offs with every choice.

That said, a 23’ L with either a 150 or 200 will be a sweet boat, with years of amazing fun for eveyrone.

Hello, I just spent 3 weeks learning this exercise.
1) build a boat. Copy and paste the build data into word: a) the show details in upper right corner is specific to your build and b) the standard features from second to last build tab, scroll to top, expand features. To copy right click to highlight, copy, paste.
2) repeat for each build. The standard features per specific model you only need to copy once, this is these best side by side you can create.
Follow Up - Just back from the dealer to look at a few more details / options. They provided me a 2020 Brochure - that had some terrific summaries of the models and the various options available. Of course 2021 has new options / new Models, and no brochure available. Not sure why you can't download online, but see if you can get ahold of one - it would have my building of the perfect boat so much easier!!!

I have a 22LSR-150hp on order and was thinking about adding some things.

Does anyone have an opinion on adding the any of the following... GPS speedometer, Wash down, Dual Battery, Extra Cupholders and American Flag

I have a 22LSR-150hp on order and was thinking about adding some things.

Does anyone have an opinion on adding the any of the following... GPS speedometer, Wash down, Dual Battery, Extra Cupholders and American Flag
I think the dual battery is a great idea as you won’t have to worry about one being dead. You can just switch to the other one. I was interested in the wash down station when I build mine but never could ge a straight answer if there is a fresh water tank or if it just pumps water from your body of water. I wouldn’t want to just dump lake water on things. The cup holders would depend on how many people you will typically have on the boat. The standard models have lots of spots. If you look at standard specs for the L when you build it you do get 2 portable cup holders standard. My dealer informed me of this so I took off extra ones. GPS speedometer is probably more accurate but if you weren’t planning on it does it really matter if it’s off a mile or two? Depends if this fits in your budget. Flag is a personal choice. Good luck deciding. Lots of choices.

Thanks for the feedback! Very helpful. I couldn't remember what it has in lieu of the upgraded gps speedometer. Just a speedometer? It's an extra $500 so thought maybe there could be something worthwhile that I didn't know about. Good point about fresh or lake water. I will ask that question. I will be dealing with a bunch of kids for a long time so thought having the ability to spray them down might help with keeping it clean. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for the feedback! Very helpful. I couldn't remember what it has in lieu of the upgraded gps speedometer. Just a speedometer? It's an extra $500 so thought maybe there could be something worthwhile that I didn't know about. Good point about fresh or lake water. I will ask that question. I will be dealing with a bunch of kids for a long time so thought having the ability to spray them down might help with keeping it clean. Thanks again for your help.

In 2017 the spray down pulled water from the lake. Not sure if that has changed since then, but I don’t believe it has. Thus, it is cheaper to just buy a portable water sprayer off of Amazon that does the same thing for significantly less money if you want the ability to spray off while out on the lake.

For example, we got this instead...but then have found we never use it due to the nature of our lake and being lakeside with a freshwater garden hose being avaiilable. This pump has sat unused for four years now, but is otherwise a great pump. If you will use one that draws water from the lake, I’d recommend going this route:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Ditto the comments about getting the dual battery. A prudent back up measure, especially if adding on a fair amount of power related accessories: lighting, power anything, sound system, etc...

23 Ft L.... 150 or 200 Yamaha.... They say Mph isn’t significant? What about noise? Etc
We went with the 200 hp Yamaha on our 23sxp fastback and are very happy with it.

My wife and I ordered a L-series (25LPDSD) today. Started building with a SX model but realized that when adding things like upgraded furniture, extended aft deck. and other features which were standard on the L, it was a no brainer to just upgrade to the L for $5k. We went with a 150hp motor because we aren’t interested in speed or towing, just entertaining. Went with the EPS tubes for stability because we didn’t need the full length center tube for extra hp.

There’s a lot good advice on building ‘your’ boat above. We spent a couple of weeks building different models and options. The best advice I can give is to build the boat for what / how you will use it.

Back