Ladder for Bennington

sxtritoon22

Reaction score
Question for members and Team Bennington. Due to knee replacements, the ladder on our 2021 22SSRXSD (straight up & down steps) isn't something we can use very easily. We're looking at what could solve our dilemma. A Lillipad Marine- Revo Ladder. Proposing a bow installation, between center pontoon and starboard pontoon as shown in the Lillipad Marine-Revo Ladder website pictures and video.
Question: Before attempting ladder installation, are there any issues with installing in that position such as wiring, obstacles, etc.??? Is extra support of some type necessary for that location??

I have the curved ladder from Bennington and love it - had hip surgery and struggle with the vertical ladders. I am not sure if the Bennington curved ladder fits the 22' boats but I would suggest calling your dealer to find out.

I have the curved ladder from Bennington and love it - had hip surgery and struggle with the vertical ladders. I am not sure if the Bennington curved ladder fits the 22' boats but I would suggest calling your dealer to find out.
thanks, Scott.

We got the Bennington curved ladder for the very issue mentioned in the OP, harder climbing aboard with the stainless steel telescope ladder vs. the curved ladder. Night and day difference between the two. I was glad our salesperson had me try out both on their showroom floor when we were piecing together our order back in Dec. of 2016. I second at least checking with your dealer about the ability to switch to it. Never hurts to check.

As for the Lillipad Revo Ladder, I don’t know anything about it. That said, looking at it on their website, it looks like it just folds out and falls straight down as well. If that is the case, seems like you’d have the same problem you have with Bennington’s SS telescoping ladder.

My boat is a 22 SSRFBXP and has the curved ladder from the factory and I trailer with no issues. Way better than telescoping style my Chaparral had.

Love the curved ladder.

Attachments

• CB04BCB0-6D8F-4D66-BFCB-DE7CEB1FF37A.jpeg
    CB04BCB0-6D8F-4D66-BFCB-DE7CEB1FF37A.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 47
  • 1A67E7C8-6184-43B3-87A9-C7315F0B668D.jpeg
    1A67E7C8-6184-43B3-87A9-C7315F0B668D.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 47
  • A39A94C8-B7A7-48A3-BCBF-22DD39871FA7.jpeg
    A39A94C8-B7A7-48A3-BCBF-22DD39871FA7.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 46
An interesting option?
JIF Marine Dockmate Folding Dock Ladder, 4-Step

The curved ladder is soo much easier to climb.

Back