Lake Cumberland, KY

spinzone

Reaction score
I figured I would start this thread as I have corresponded with 5-6 members on this forum who are primary to Lake Cumberland. Maybe we can meet some new Benny owners down there!

I'm out of Jamestown Marina and we spend the majority of our trips at Sid Bell/Little/Family Falls (depending on what you call them) while the water level is high enough to get in there to swim. It seems to be a pontoon hangout but I have yet to see another Benny back there.

We have a cabin above Alli II Marina. We have a 2011 Benny 2275GCW Merlot color. We also have a 1998 23' Maxum Burgandy color. We tend to use both boats each weekend. We take our labs out at least one day on the toon, and usually another day on the Maxum. We frequent any part of the lake from Harmon to the dam, and the east end at least twice a year. We will be down next 2 weekends...

My family has been camping below the dam for the past 15 years. We store the boat and camper at D & G boat storage just a few miles from the dam up 127. This is our first summer with a pontoon, always had a runabout in the past.

It's great to see so many Benny owners on the west end of the lake! There is another Benny floating around Jamestown that I see almost every Sunday as well. There are a few toon owners on the Lake that were kicking around the idea of hosting a toon poker run if interest was high enough. I thought it would be hilarious to be part of one of the worlds slowest poker runs!

I never noticed how many pontoons are on the lake until we got ours. Our next trip down will be July 27-31. If you all see the black Bennington 2575RLCi running around the west end that would probably be me.

Been at Lees Ford for several years. Bought a new 08 2275 RFSI heads turned when she was launched.Ive seen 4 the same color since . Best production built pontoons on the water.

Been at Lees Ford for several years. Bought a new 08 2275 RFSI heads turned when she was launched.Ive seen 4 the same color since . Best production built pontoons on the water.
Welcome to the forum Mary Lou! My wife and I spent the entire week down on the Lake this past week. I haven't been home 30 minutes but am jonesing for this forum. Saw 3 other Benny's at Conley Bottom last night and 1 that resides at State Dock. Hope to see you out on the lake at some point!

Anyone going to the big raftup on Aug 13th? Maybe we can all raftup together, meet each other and such..

Well 3 days till the raftup. Looks like it will be me and 4 women on our boat....

Well 3 days till the raftup. Looks like it will be me and 4 women on our boat....
A loaded Bennington. What more could you ask for? I know, cheaper fuel and free beer!!! :D

Have fun.

andy

Alright, which one of you all has the Benny on the 700 row at Jamestown Marina that can break 60 mph with your 300hp? Dock hands were telling people all about it. I'm asking because I really, really, really want a ride!

Going down to the lake tomorrow. If you are out on the west end and see a regatta blue RCW, stop by and say "hi"!

Dang, I thought I had the only pontoon with a 300HP on Lake Cumberland. I will have to get over to Jamestown and check out the one there. :)

spinzone, we also run the west end of the lake hope to meet you someday.

Counted 21 Bennys between Jamestown and Grider today. Waved at every one of them in case one was someone on here.

I wish one of them had been me but we couldn't make it this weekend. We wont be back down until labor day. Awesome to hear there are so many Benningtons on the Lake Cumberland.

The family and I will be down again this weekend. We will be bringing both seadoos with us if the new impellers are on in time. Not sure which direction we will head but if you see our Benny with the skis circling it, please stop by to introduce yourself and grab a "cold one"!

Gunner, fyrfightr, imaposer, Mrboo, and Marylou, I'm looking forward to meeting you all on the lake!

We will be down Friday morning. Meeting the new owner of our old pontoon to seal the deal..!!! I'm sure we will be out on the Benny ay least 2 days, with the other in our Maxum. Of course if more people show up we'll take them both out all days... :p

Back